Windows 10: Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

Discus and support Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spacebahr, Oct 21, 2021.

1. spacebahr Win User

Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this?

:)

spacebahr, Oct 21, 2021
  2. al92lt1 Win User

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin labels.

I have been using the Dark mode and find it easier on the eyes. I was looking forward to this update because Microsoft was expanding the dark mode to file explorer windows. On the 3 computers that I just updated, when viewing a file explorer window the
    icon labels are in black text and are almost impossible to read against the dark background. In all the articles that I've seen that are touting this new feature, the screen shots show the text and labels in white text which is easy to read against the dark
    background. How can I get the white text?

al92lt1, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Jay_234 Win User
    File explorer on dark mode illegible bug

Dark mode works beautifully on everything, except File Explorer.

• A highlighted selected item is legible, but becomes stark white with white text once the selected item's window is deselected (still keeping the selected item selected), causing a light grey/white illegible block.
    • When using the details view, the titles 'Name, Date modified, Type and Size' are illegible light grey text on another light grey block. Illegible and not very aesthetic either.
    • The folder's breadcrumb is completely illegible with stark white text on a stark white background.

Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode 83d51a0f-9a20-46bc-ab36-5d3bc098583d?upload=true.png

As you can imagine, this issue makes using windows 10, very difficult. Everything is a 'mix' between light mode and dark mode:

Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode eff184cd-f127-40bc-b0b4-ce6cd6b2b78c?upload=true.png

I'm not really sure what to do anymore;

• I have tried turning contrast settings off and on again.
    • I have tried changing the accent colour in Settings > Personalisation (automatic and manual selection).
    • I have done several fresh installs, including a whole new install on a new SSD(CHighlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode :) instead of my old HDD(DHighlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode :) and this issue persists

Has anyone come across this issue before and know how to solve it? I'm on the verge of just never using Dark mode on Windows.

Jay_234, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

dark mode for file explorer

Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer

hashtag_hasan, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

1. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Highlighted text file

2. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode: When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-text-in-file-explorer-is-un-readable/98123493-5346-4575-9406-8d2591943182
  3. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode: When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-text-in-file-explorer-is-un-readable/98123493-5346-4575-9406-8d2591943182
  4. Dark mode not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode not working in file explorer: [ATTACH] I reset my laptop today and this happened. I've never had the problem before https://preview.redd.it/hj7bzy8bdaj61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=4e4caad4e88c838277fc1e72c2fb973b5eddd8c2 submitted by /u/edgelord-6969 [link] [comments]...
  5. File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode

File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode: I reset my laptop to its factory reset. I change the theme to dark mode but when i open file explorer it's still light. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-doesnt-turn-dark-in-dark-mode/0e64262d-aa07-42e7-8fd5-3d164f828afe
  6. Dark mode in File Explorer

Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  7. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  8. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...