Windows 10: Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

Discus and support Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by btb64, Jan 14, 2019.

1. btb64 Win User

Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it.

Can anyone help me stop this behaviour?

:)

btb64, Jan 14, 2019

2. Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Jan 14, 2019
  3. MSFTTaz Win User
    editing text (mark, copy, paste)

This functionality is now present in all Windows 7.1+ phones. The ability to copy text will appear after you have highlighted text. Use the right and left arrows to control the amount of text to be copied, then tap the clipboard icon that appears on
    screen. Once in another application, you will see the clipboard to the left of the autofill list and may need to slide it to the right in order to click it and insert your copied text. Keep in mind that only the last set of copied text remains on the clipboard
    across all apps - it is not specific to each app so that you can copy text from one app to another.

MSFTTaz, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

Problem with highlighting text to cut or copy in Word

Microsoft Word, Windows 8. I often copy and paste things within a document. My problem is that after I block the text (highlight it) and right click to copy the text the highlighting goes away. It takes about three tries before it stays highlighted so
    that I can copy or cut the text. It's frustrating and means that everything takes longer. It didn't used to do this. I'm not sure what has changed

SharonAlmerigi, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

1. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change? - Similar Threads - Highlighted text automatically

2. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  3. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  4. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  6. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  7. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  8. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  9. How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard: Hi everyone, I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to the clipboard so I can paste it right away, and I used to run the program from task bar shortcut. any way I use this .bat...
  10. automatically copy selected text

automatically copy selected text: Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically copy text selected with the mouse. This works on PowerShell but I would like to use it system wide. This is the way the mouse works in X-windows. Maybe there is a way to script this behavior?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically copy highlighted text

2. HOW TO HIGHLIGHT CUT PASTE COPY TP PASTE COPIED PAGES ETC.

3. stop automatic highlighting when copying text into microsoft word

4. Automatically Copy Selected Text to Clipboard software