Windows 10: Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does

Discus and support Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on a Surface Pro 6 with a Microsoft Pen. While using notes on a document the pen function works, however, the highlight function does not. Instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IrmaGonzalez01, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does

I'm on a Surface Pro 6 with a Microsoft Pen. While using notes on a document the pen function works, however, the highlight function does not. Instead it moves the entire page. In the past it did work. How do I fix this?

:)

IrmaGonzalez01, Sep 10, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Bamboo Pen Half Working

My Bamboo pen works just right unless I try to use it for writing on one note and sketch pad.... It can click on stuff etc but doesn´t "draw" or "write". I´ve already tried reconnecting it.... nothing works. Please help.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Ink & touch

isabella salguero cespedes, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does

1. Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does - Similar Threads - Highlighter doesn't add

2. pen won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen won't work: I have a pen with a top button, and two side buttons. I changed the battery. I am unable to pair the device through Bluetooth. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-wont-work/f02b55af-bd3f-4c0a-9b6b-b357227b9068
  3. Highlighting of text does not work reliably

Highlighting of text does not work reliably: This topic was explained at length in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-of-text-does-not-work-correctly/a1fdf1ac-b2e4-401d-9153-524c6d3b3366 I am having the same problem but I did not see any solutions in that message thread. NGeti...
  4. pen quit working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pen quit working: My UGEE 2150 has been working fine; pen working fine. Charged, etc. I did NOTHING...and next day tried to use pen with my display...no response. The display works with mouse just fine...but no longer the pen! HELP!...
  5. Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared): My computer started acting weird from this morning. First, it took a long time to reboot. And it was showing black screen with white mouse cursor for a long time and my original background after. After going in, it won't allow me to click the start button. And I also...
  6. Cannot highlight and copy in Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot highlight and copy in Sticky Notes: I can't highlite and copy on stickynotes. Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 18305.1003) new StickyNotes is very useful. I thank designers. 124151
  7. Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  8. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update: Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center. Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on...
  9. highlighted link not working

in Windows 10 Support
    highlighted link not working: I'm not sure what to call this. I opened a box from my OneDrive settings. In two spots, the words More info were hi-lighted in blue. When I clicked so I could read what this info consisted of, there was a flash, a box opened for just a couple fo seconds and then closed. The...
  10. touch pen not working

touch pen not working: Had a problem with ,the touch screen not working. Got that fixed but now the touch screen works but the pen does not. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks 69913

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how does the highlighter work in windows notes

2. what does it mean if there is an a next to the highlighter in windows 10

3. add notes highlighter not working