Windows 10: Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used to be able to open a PDF file in Microsoft Edge and highlight the necessary parts of the document. But something has changed and now I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WendyAdams1, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

I used to be able to open a PDF file in Microsoft Edge and highlight the necessary parts of the document. But something has changed and now I cannot highlight the part of the document. When I click on the highlighter nothing happens. I have an HP Envy pc/tablet. Neither pen nor my finger works. I tried the in-build troubleshooter and reset the app.

:)

WendyAdams1, Feb 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge and Cortana not working

I have had several issues with Microsoft Edge. Originally Edge would not stay open more than a second for one of my users. (it worked for my other user and chrome still worked for both users). At the same time Cortana did not allow me to type in a question.
    I could search for help using settings but not the Cortana box next to start.

I checked other posts and followed several of the suggested actions.

1) using power shell and a code listed in the community (sorry I could find that thread again for exact code)

2) scanning using sfc/scannow - no issues listed

3) performing a restore heath

4) going to an earlier restore point (before the last update)

5) finally deleting the MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and resetting in powershellthis last step at least allowed me to open Edge (the others did not work). I can access Edge again and access the internet fine. The Cortana is still
    not working

At least one Edge feature is not working. There may be others but I haven't spent time investigating

Comparing the Edge folders in my user account and the other user account (that always worked and it's favorite feature is working), the ones in my account have several missing. I even tried copying those files from the other user to mine and I have erased
    and reset the Edge again using the step 5 above with no change

The features that I noticed not working is the Favorites. I know how to turn on the favorite bar and I have but when I click favorites to add a favorite, there is no option to save, add a folder, or chose a favorite folder (such as favorite bar). Those
    options are not even highlighted (they are greyed out). The action to import from Chrome is not working either. My Edge version is Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 I did get an update a few days ago (end of June) and I haven't been on this user account very
    often so I had originally thought the issues could have stared with this update.

I was hoping someone had another suggestion. I have read several posts that all have similar suggestions and follow all or some of the 5 steps above. I just didn't seem to get a complete return to normal. I remember someone suggested adding another user
    account; I just hated starting over and this is my admin account.

Thank you

CobbGolson, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

1. Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Highlighter working Microsoft

2. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge not working: microsooft edge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-not-working/fbbfdf7d-ff64-45f0-b571-6632c4dcfaa5
  3. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge not working: microsooft edge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-not-working/fbbfdf7d-ff64-45f0-b571-6632c4dcfaa5
  4. How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Besides many good features, Microsoft Edge is also a handy PDF reader. Apart from viewing a PDF file, it provides some good tools to use […] This article How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge brings a PDF highlighter feature that helps to highlight PDF text with any of the four colors: Light Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink. […] This article Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. highlighting in new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting in new Microsoft Edge: I have new Microsoft Edge but I cannot find how to highlight the pdf files there. The old version allowed me to quickly highlight a text. Now it is very incontinent...
  7. Highlighter pen is missing in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlighter pen is missing in Edge: I used a highlighter pen in Edge to highlight PDFs. But now, in this new Edge version, I cannot find the features that I liked. I am so upset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighter-pen-is-missing-in-edge/7988a8dd-d724-4cb4-b2bf-b0fb54ca67cc
  8. Microsoft Edge not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge not working: Hi, my computer says it's not connected to the internet so I'm using chrome instead. How can I tell Microsoft to let me uninstall and re-install Edge using Chrome rather than the useless microsoft browser?...
  9. Unable to highlight when using AOL email on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to highlight when using AOL email on Microsoft Edge: I use AOL email with Microsoft Edge. I have previously had no problem highlighting portions of emails when replying or forwarding. This facility seems to have disappeared, but is still there if I use Internet Explorer. I thought Edge was an upgrade; can anyone explain why...
  10. Microsoft Edge not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge not Working: Hello, I updated my windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I made Google chrome my Default browser. Both Google chrome and Firefox are working perfectly. I tried to open Microsoft Edge but get errors such as: " Can't reach this page & make sure I have the right web address." ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge highlighter not working

2. microsoft edge pdf highlighter not working

3. add notes highlighter not working edge

4. edge highlighter not working,
  5. cannot highlight in microsoft edge,
  6. microsoft edge highlighter issue,
  7. highlight not working microsoft edge,
  8. cannot highlight text in microsoft edge,
  9. why isnt the highlighter on add notes not working,
  10. how to fix microsoft edge highlighter,
  11. highlighter not working in edge,