Windows 10: Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing

Discus and support Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I wanted to print a page from the web and show it to my doctor. I hooked the printer up to my laptop and prepared to print. I was going to highlight... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RaymondWindoz10, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing

I wanted to print a page from the web and show it to my doctor.

I hooked the printer up to my laptop and prepared to print.

I was going to highlight a few lines to show her and I thought I would make them bold.

I thought it might be more professional than underlining them with a pen or using a yellow highlighter.

I was able to highlight the lines I wanted to spotlight, but when I right clicked, there was nothing to make bold.

I could not find anything at the top of the page I wanted to print or anything from the printer to make them bold.

Do I have to copy the page to WORD and then bold the lines or can I do it from the printer and the original page?

---------

I recently read that MSFT is going to start charging people for a subscription to use their software.
    Will it be like buying an annual subscription for MSFT Word?
    What will happen if our subscription lapses and we cut on our computers? Will we be able to log on or will the screen be blank?
    Is this correct, when is it suppose to happen?

Thanks

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Aug 12, 2018

2. printing highlighted info

I want to print some of an article from online. I have tried highlighting the areas I want to print but it doesn't print. I have Windows 10. I tried printing the whole article but the 1st page prints and only the top inch of the 2nd and 3rd print. any
    suggestions?

This is my first try with the questions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JeanDuffin, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Print of highlighted selection Windows 10

I cannot print selected highlighted parts of a long document with Windows 10. In the case I just need to print one chapter containing a few lines in a 10 pages document, I cannot print these few lines in highlighting them as I did with Explorer. I need now,
    through Edge/W10, to print the 10 pages (and to destroy 9).

Visibly other community members have the same issue. This option is available on other browser.

henrinoualhac, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing

.txt print preview & line numbers

To see line numbers in WordPad:

1. Press Ctrl + A to highlight the text= Select All
    2 Right click, select <<list>> and choose the numbering list.

The line number will be shown now when typing.

To remove them, repeat 1 and 2 but choose the first on the list = none.

All the best for the year to come,

MikeMecanic, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing

1. Highlighting a few lines prior to Printing - Similar Threads - Highlighting few lines

2. Highlights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlights: When I highlight a file, or try to fill a search box or "tickbox", the outline is so feint that it is barely visible. Sometimes I just have to click the mouse in the general area to try to locate it. Any help please....
  3. RESET TO PRIOR DATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESET TO PRIOR DATE: I want to reset my windows 10 to a prior date. I cannot find where I can enter the date I want to use. My Quicken info was lost and want to recover it to the way it was 4 days ago....
  4. Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update: Since the update yesterday I am unable to print anything from a document on line. I'm still able to print documents that are on my computer. I've run a troubleshoot from Canon for my printer and there are no problems. Help please!...
  5. Printer prints arbitrary bold lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer prints arbitrary bold lines: I'm using Windows 10 and find that documents created without any bold fonts look fine on the screen but print some lines bold. I have a Canon Pixma 7160 printer and have updated the drivers in the hope that it might fix the problem but without any success. Any suggestions?...
  6. How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?: There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible. I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to get a straight highlight line? I grab a screen shot with the snip tool. I choose the highlight tool but, unlike Word, the...
  7. Highlighting Valid Points in a News Article and Printing it for my DR

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Highlighting Valid Points in a News Article and Printing it for my DR: Thanks, after I saw the suggestion to use One Note, I wondered why I had not previously considered copying it to WORD and using the highlight / paint function they have at the top. That is what I did and my problem is solved....except the numbness in my foot. I'll have...
  8. Lack of Highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Highlighting: The lack of effective highlighting of selections in win 10 is finally driving me mad *Smile. Is there anything anyone knows of that can deal with this? I have attached a screenshot. Believe it or not Adobe Acrobat Update service has been selected. There is now way anyone can...
  9. Transparent Highlight

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Highlight: Hey, I'm really not too sure where to put this however when I drag highlight on the desktop the box isn't blue but it's transparent with a dotted box, an example is below. Does anybody know how to fix this, it just looks ugly that's all. [img] 18783
  10. .txt print preview & line numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    .txt print preview & line numbers: I volunteer at our senior center and will help someone on their computer when I can. I like to create a .txt document on their desktop for notes & information on their computer. Is there a way to do a print preview on a .txt document? Also is their a way to number each...