Windows 10: highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

Discus and support highlighting function with mouse works intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using the same computer and mouse for some years to happily click and select text. Suddenly two mice have stopped working properly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidandrews-215, May 28, 2020.

1. highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

I have been using the same computer and mouse for some years to happily click and select text. Suddenly two mice have stopped working properly, sometimes they will highlight all the text I want, so I can cut it, but often when I highlight some word or words as soon as I pick up my finger the highlighted text becomes unlighlighted, very irritating.

:)

davidandrews-215, May 28, 2020
  2. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, May 28, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 28, 2020
  4. highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, May 28, 2020
Thema:

highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

1. highlighting function with mouse works intermittently - Similar Threads - highlighting function mouse

2. Mouse function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse function: I have a Windows 10 pc and a logitech mx master 2s mouse. Two weeks ago a problem arose with the cursor appearing after boot up but not responding to movement of the mouse. This happened intermittently for a couple of days then stopped. Mouse worked perfectly fine for two...
  3. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  4. Intermittent Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Mouse Issues: Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss...
  5. Mouse works intermittently

Mouse works intermittently: On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still...
  6. Mouse highlighting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse highlighting: I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-highlighting/2b551e32-bb65-4b6e-8fab-e3069f3c365a
  7. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...
  8. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...
  9. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...
  10. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning: I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem....