Windows 10: Highlighting of text does not work reliably

Discus and support Highlighting of text does not work reliably in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This topic was explained at length in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicholasGeti, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Highlighting of text does not work reliably

This topic was explained at length in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-of-text-does-not-work-correctly/a1fdf1ac-b2e4-401d-9153-524c6d3b3366

I am having the same problem but I did not see any solutions in that message thread.

NGeti

:)

NicholasGeti, Jun 27, 2019

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Highlighting of text does not work reliably

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no option to search on the highlighted text in Microsoft Edge. I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer so that you can use the search option on the highlighted text.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issue on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Highlighting of text does not work reliably

1. Highlighting of text does not work reliably - Similar Threads - Highlighting text does

2. Highlighting of text does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting of text does not work correctly: Back in March of 2023, Robert Twyman reported that highlighting text and the drag and drop features work poorly or not at all. His description of the problem was exemplary:When I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to start, the...
  3. Highlighting of text does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting of text does not work correctly: Back in March of 2023, Robert Twyman reported that highlighting text and the drag and drop features work poorly or not at all. His description of the problem was exemplary:When I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to start, the...
  4. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  5. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  6. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  8. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  9. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge brings a PDF highlighter feature that helps to highlight PDF text with any of the four colors: Light Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink. […] This article Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Highlighting of text does not work correctly 2019-12-30

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting of text does not work correctly 2019-12-30: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...