Windows 10: Highlighting text

Discus and support Highlighting text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidWalkerWD, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Highlighting text

I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?

:)

DavidWalkerWD, Nov 27, 2020

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Highlighting text

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Highlighting text

1. Highlighting text - Similar Threads - Highlighting text

2. How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard: I came from Win 7 and can't figure out how to do this without using a mouse. Haven't been successful with an internet search. Any advice appreciated. TY...
  3. How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard: I came from Win 7 and can't figure out how to do this without using a mouse. Haven't been successful with an internet search. Any advice appreciated. TY...
  4. Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC: Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PCI am trying to do this in WordI have Windows 10 ProMicrosoft Version 2OH2I am able to double click to highlight a word or a sentence or paragraph that runs together but not multiple lines at one time or sections of text that I...
  5. Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1: Any idea why this is happening? Have tried rebooting. This is what it normally looks like: 180857
  6. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  7. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?: I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-color-of/9297e5cf-dc7d-4cd4-9c8b-b8764d0848ad
  8. Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.

Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.: Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue on my Windows 10 computer where any text I type, and any search bars I open, have a small two space wide grey box in them. I have attached pictures to show what I mean, I'm not sure how its happened but it is becoming rather annoying....
  9. highlighting text

highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  10. Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar

Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar: Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-wont-highlight-text-or-move-scroll-bar/a129c606-279b-4468-971f-63fc09dc67a4