Windows 10: highlighting text

Discus and support highlighting text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Larrycl44, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Larrycl44 Win User

highlighting text

i cannot highlight text.

:)

Larrycl44, Jan 2, 2021

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Hellopaul Win User

highlighting text

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

highlighting text

1. highlighting text - Similar Threads - highlighting text

2. Highlighting of text does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting of text does not work correctly: Back in March of 2023, Robert Twyman reported that highlighting text and the drag and drop features work poorly or not at all. His description of the problem was exemplary:When I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to start, the...
  3. Highlighting of text does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting of text does not work correctly: Back in March of 2023, Robert Twyman reported that highlighting text and the drag and drop features work poorly or not at all. His description of the problem was exemplary:When I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to start, the...
  4. Why does my keyboard keep randomly highlighting elements not text

Why does my keyboard keep randomly highlighting elements not text: At random times throughout my day my keyboard will randomly highlight an element on screen. I've tried to update my mouse and keyboards drivers to solve the problem but nothing works. Sometimes pressing a key will make it go away for maybe 5 seconds at most but then the...
  5. Why does my keyboard keep randomly highlighting elements not text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard keep randomly highlighting elements not text: At random times throughout my day my keyboard will randomly highlight an element on screen. I've tried to update my mouse and keyboards drivers to solve the problem but nothing works. Sometimes pressing a key will make it go away for maybe 5 seconds at most but then the...
  6. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  7. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  8. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My text highlight keeps changing randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My text highlight keeps changing randomly: Around 11:00 PM last night I found my highlight text changed to a darker shade of blue, I figured that since it did this randomly on seemingly accident I thought looking up solutions to this problem would be a lot more simple. I'm not looking to change my accent color, my...
  10. My text highlight keeps changing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My text highlight keeps changing randomly: Around 11:00 PM last night I found my highlight text changed to a darker shade of blue, I figured that since it did this randomly on seemingly accident I thought looking up solutions to this problem would be a lot more simple. I'm not looking to change my accent color, my...