Windows 10: Highlights

Discus and support Highlights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I highlight a file, or try to fill a search box or "tickbox", the outline is so feint that it is barely visible. Sometimes I just have to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillGibson3, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Highlights

When I highlight a file, or try to fill a search box or "tickbox", the outline is so feint that it is barely visible.

Sometimes I just have to click the mouse in the general area to try to locate it.

Any help please.

:)

BillGibson3, Aug 17, 2019

2. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2019
  3. nt62 Win User
    new highlights

Thanks ... am aware of that setting.

It's the actual installation listing >
    example > install a program > the program is listed in the start menu
    the program has a header listed with several sub listings >
    all are listed as NEW and stay until all are clicked

This seems to be a problem carried over from Windows 8.1

example: If one installs 7 programs, then as many as 7 plus all sub links are listed as NEW.

AND, these listings may be blocked > NO effect from clicking until signing out or restarting explorer.

Highlights [​IMG]

4. Highlights

No Fluent Design Reveal Highlight in Start Menu - Fall Creator's Update

Transparency is already enabled. I'm seeing the blurs, but reveal highlight is not transparency. This is reveal highlight, what I
    should be seeing:

Highlights all-apps-reveal-highlight-redstone-4-windows10.jpg

Thanks! Highlights :)

Skat0r vista, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Highlights

1. Highlights - Similar Threads - Highlights

2. Cursor automatically highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor automatically highlighting: The way my cursor highlights when I try to click between characters or insert something has changed. I may have inadvertently done it but I don't know what it was I did. It automatically shades whatever is next to it. How can I undo this? Help and Thank you for any answers. I...
  3. Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighter doesn't work on add notes, pen does: I'm on a Surface Pro 6 with a Microsoft Pen. While using notes on a document the pen function works, however, the highlight function does not. Instead it moves the entire page. In the past it did work. How do I fix this?...
  4. Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.: This printer on our network seems to block out highlighted texts. The other printer that the user is printing from shows the highlighted text just fine. Is there a setting from withing the users's PC I can look at or would it have to be from the printer itself. 140192
  5. Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.: This printer on our network seems to block out highlighted texts. The other printer that the user is printing from shows the highlighted text just fine. Is there a setting from withing the users's PC I can look at or would it have to be from the printer itself. 140192
  6. Highlighting contiguous files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlighting contiguous files: Searching for "How to highlight contiguous files" gets me one method which is this: "To gather several files or folders sitting next to each other in a list, click the first one. Then hold down the Shift key as you click the last one. Those two items are highlighted, along...
  7. Taskbar App always highlighting/ the Notification state can not be switched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar App always highlighting/ the Notification state can not be switched: Hi, I start using Win10 recently and notice that the APP on the taskbar will turn into orange (as the picture is shown below) sometimes. I think it should be a notification, but when I click on the icon, there is actually nothing new and the highlighting cannot disappear. I...
  8. Windows Explorer - Preview Pane - Not allowing mouse (click and drag) highlighting of text...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - Preview Pane - Not allowing mouse (click and drag) highlighting of text...: Previous versions of Windows (e.g. W7) would allow you, when previewing text files, to slide, select and highlight portions of text using only the mouse and it's buttons. Since moving to W10 (fresh install), that feature has been de-frocked. Now you can only use the...
  9. Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR: As displayed in the image, it started this morning in Lightroom but happens anywhere in Windows when I hover over things and a description is displayed. The text in the description is highlighted in Red as it is here. Any ideas on how to fix this please? [img] Edit: Just...
  10. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...