Windows 10: Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

Discus and support Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StraightWorld, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only noticed after upgrading.

The problem being, the desktop constantly refreshes every 20-30 seconds, including the task bar; no screen saver works and any top most window which I have open will close, if I attempt to open the window again, it may close within twenty or so seconds, then again, depending on the program open, once again it being the top most window it may not close for up to thirty or more minutes, if at all.

I feel as though my system is being hijacked, although I do not want to re-install or format my drive. I've used malwarebytes to scan the system, the results were negative, as it in found nothing. I used anti-spyware same thing; negative, found nothing. Windows defender comes up negative as well, if something is hijacking my system, it would be great to atleast find out what it is, if anything is hijacking the system ?

:)

StraightWorld, Jul 20, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

Interestingly, my Cortana also presents such a list, no numbers.

Try 'The first' 'The second' etc.

...which works well, until.... the list of available options extends beyond the box as here:

Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour [​IMG]

So this British English-sounding voice starts reading them 'Which Minitool do you wanna open...'

And reads the list...after which I see

Oh, come on Microsoft, this is as pathetic as your start menu, where I see

- these shortcuts, each for a different program, being taken from the folders of 2,3,or 4 per program in my nested start menu.

Which is one of a number of reasons I choose to use Classic Shell start menu which actually works. Reliably.

dalchina, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Jul 20, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

Browser hijack? GPU 15% when using google in FF

So as the title suggests I have an issue with FF when I perform a search from the address bar (google is default) or even going directly to www.google.co.uk, my GPU usage goes from 0 to 15%, it stops if I close that tab or change to another or bring another window to the forefront but it consistently displays this same behaviour.

So I have tried the following to try and find out if there is some kind of malware/hijacker going on.
    • Uninstalled FF and reinstalled.
    • Installed no miner, miner blocker, ublock origin and adblock plus extensions.
    • Run numerous scans of Windows defender, avast AV and MBAM
    All of the above to no avail and every time I am on a google page the GPU useage stays at a constant 15% and the vRAM usage inscreases. Scratching my head is there anything I am missing?

NdMk2o1o, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

1. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour - Similar Threads - Hijacked System Strange

2. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  3. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  4. Strange behaviour of my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour of my system: Hello, I have a Lenovo B570 which hasn't been working well in the past few days (almost a month) The main problems are that the icons are seen but the text under the icons are not The menu that appears when I right click on the mouse opens with just the icons and no names...
  5. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  6. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  7. Strange behaviour from EA origin app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behaviour from EA origin app: Short version Cant get Electronic Arts origin to run on my PC, but installs ok. Long version I did a cleanup on a PC that could not run EA origin, or sims 4 after all the usual cleanups inc sfc scannow etc, Origin and sims4 work perfectly. While doing this I noticed that...
  8. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  9. Strange behaviour from my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behaviour from my laptop: My laptop was working fine yesterday, turned on today to do the ' creator' update......but advised no internet connection....checked the Ethernet cable & ok, but wifi connections window not there, found that flight mode was enabled ??? And worst of all I can't switch it off....
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 start menu strange behaviour