Windows 10: Hijacker tried to take control of my computer

Discus and support Hijacker tried to take control of my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; About a half hour ago when I opened up my browser I was sent to this fake site saying it was Norton and telling me that I had 5 viruses on my computer,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VIXEN11913, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hijacker tried to take control of my computer

About a half hour ago when I opened up my browser I was sent to this fake site saying it was Norton and telling me that I had 5 viruses on my computer, I am a tech so I know that is not possible as I ran scans every couple of days and I trust Microsoft's Windows Defender. I think people should be made aware of this problem right away because if a person is not as computer savvy as I am they will be taken in by this and find themselves in a big bind by hijackers. I tried to talk to a virtual agent but they only tell you to run a scan so I came here instead. I have all my IT training so at least I can protect my computer from being taken over. Thanks for listening. Cheers and hagd EH Hijacker tried to take control of my computer :eek:)

:)

VIXEN11913, Dec 17, 2018

2. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge Hijacked by yahoo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by Microsoft Edge hijacked by yahoo?

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Edge?

• What are the steps have you tried?

• Since when are you facing the issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Hijacker tried to take control of my computer

1. Hijacker tried to take control of my computer - Similar Threads - Hijacker tried control

2. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  3. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  4. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  5. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  6. Taking control of a computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!!: I need to reclaim my computer. I am the only administrator on my desktop Computer. My 12 year old grand daughter has downloaded her school files onto my computer and somehow allowed the school to take over my computer. It won't allow me to Change anything. I need to reset...
  8. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...
  9. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...
  10. Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer: I have tried many different tutorials from the tutorial page here on this site, but much of it is confusing to say the least. I am the only user on this Dell 9010 refurbed computer running windows 10 Pro. Why is my name not shown on the navigation pane under Local Disk...