Windows 10: `Hints and ???

Discus and support `Hints and ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What do you call those little pictures that popup when you rollover the taskbar icons? And how can you turn them off. I did it once but forgot how.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Feb 10, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

`Hints and ???

What do you call those little pictures that popup when you rollover the taskbar icons? And how can you turn them off.
    I did it once but forgot how.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Feb 10, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool `Hints and ??? :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 10, 2019
  4. `Hints and ???

Password Hints

Hi Pav,

You can create a password hint by creating or changing your password from the
    Control Panel
    's User Account option or from the
    Settings

These steps are from the Control Panel:

• Type Control Panel from the Cortana search field, then click
      Control Panel from the results.
    • Select Change account type under User Accounts.
    • Choose the user you want to set the password with.
    • Create or change the password, then type the password hint just below the password fields.
    • Click the Create password button if you're creating the password for the first time, or the
      Change password button if you're only changing your password.

If you already have tried these steps, can you share with us what gone wrong? If you're receiving an error message when trying to create a password hint, let us know the exact error message as well.

Here's creating a password hint steps from the Settings:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Accounts, then Sign-in options from the left pane.
    • Click the Add button if you still don't have a password, or the
      Change button under the Change your account password pane.
    • Input your password or new password in the fields, then the password hint below.
    • Click Next, then Finish.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michelle Her, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

`Hints and ???

1. `Hints and ??? - Similar Threads - `Hints

2. This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC: The message was supported by a voice message. I was threatened that if I didn't access it immediately my PC would be disconnected from Windows for security reasons. The windows couldn't be closed, the PC didn't respond to anything. I shut it down and unplugged the router....
  3. This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC: The message was supported by a voice message. I was threatened that if I didn't access it immediately my PC would be disconnected from Windows for security reasons. The windows couldn't be closed, the PC didn't respond to anything. I shut it down and unplugged the router....
  4. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  5. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  6. Pin hint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin hint: Issue: I do not know how to add a pin hint or use password insteadI had a password and i liked it, but i disliked how i had a Microsoft account connected to windows, so i made my account local and then got forced to get a pin instead of a password if i tried to get a password...
  7. Pin hint

Pin hint: Issue: I do not know how to add a pin hint or use password insteadI had a password and i liked it, but i disliked how i had a Microsoft account connected to windows, so i made my account local and then got forced to get a pin instead of a password if i tried to get a password...
  8. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  9. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  10. How do i disable kinds looks hinted symbols to me

How do i disable kinds looks hinted symbols to me: When playing games pressing spacebar to jump i cannot jump and it shows me the bar of something hinted symbolsTried disabling everything but didnt work...