Windows 10: History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

Discus and support History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/npc73, Jul 12, 2020.

1. /u/npc73 Win User

History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account?

Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser doesnot auto sync if I format my laptop and login using microsoft account?

submitted by /u/npc73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/npc73, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Microsoft Edge - Browser History?

Hi Barry,

Browsers keep all websites that you have accessed unless you delete the browsing history. Edge and Internet Explorer can keep the history of the accessed websites up to 999 days. To configure the settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Internet Options then press Enter.
    • Under Browsing history, click on Settings.
    • Go to the History tab.
    • Adjust the number of days if necessary.

Let us know if you have questions.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 12, 2020
  3. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 12, 2020
  4. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

1. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser - Similar Threads - History Open Tabs

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  4. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  5. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  8. No Browser History in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser History in Edge: I've checked everything I know to check. I still cannot get any browser history. I get only the statement "You'll see your browsing history here once you've visited a site". 18472
  9. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...
  10. browser in history of edge

in Browsers and Email
    browser in history of edge: hi In e11 we can browser in the history. Is there a possebility to do that in edge 26925