Windows 10: History of the location of transferred or saved file

Discus and support History of the location of transferred or saved file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How or where can I find the logs or history of the location of the files. What I want is something like this: Copied From:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eljerizen, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Eljerizen Win User

History of the location of transferred or saved file

How or where can I find the logs or history of the location of the files.

What I want is something like this:

Copied From: C:\Users\lj\Desktop\letter.doc To: D:\Files\letter.doc

Not necessary that it would look like that, as long as it shows a history or show the location where the file is being saved.

I try to use clipdiary but it only showed where the files is coming from and do not show its destination. History of the location of transferred or saved file 7f13876a-241f-4a95-b1e4-2adba649b4df?upload=true.png

:)

Eljerizen, Apr 4, 2019

2. File History saves and shows empty folders

Hi Jeffrey,

I recommend you to select a different File History drive and check if the issue persists.

Also I suggest you to Change how long File History keeps files.

Refer the below steps

1. Press Windows key + X from the Keyboard and click on Control panel.

2. Control panel Window will be open, change the View by: Category to Large icons to Small icons.

3. Click on File history and click on Advanced settings.

4. Next to Save copies of files, tap or click the list, and choose a time interval.

5. Next to Keep saved versions, tap or click the list, and choose a time interval.

6.Click on Save changes

Note:
    File History doesn't automatically delete versions of files older than the time interval you choose unless your drive is getting full and space is needed to back up more recent versions

Also, I suggest to Reconnect the drive and Reselect your File History drive

Refer the below link and check if helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...f3eda7c5b2b/reconnect-your-file-history-drive

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 4, 2019
  3. deleting history of "save as" under "file name"

But Dave, the problem is this is not an MRU list. Like I said above, "It's actually not displaying file history, but files in the same location." See the screenshot below for example:

History of the location of transferred or saved file 719073c9-b3e5-4285-9518-9491f14fe848.png

As you can see, typing "T" made the dialog autocomplete using the first file name of the same type being saved (HTML in this case) which begins with the same letter. Also other files of the same type and also having names beginning with the same letter show
    up below in the drop-down list. This is not an MRU/history list but simply a reflection of the pre-existing files in the same location. The OP doesn't want to see these, and thus my suggestion to either move the existing files out or save the new one with
    a starting letter that's not been used yet. Do you have any alternate solutions for this particular issue?

RobertJWin, Apr 4, 2019
  4. History of the location of transferred or saved file

How to delete files from file history .

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Let’s try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves

• Enter File History settings in the search box, and then tap or click File History settings.
    • Tap or click Select a drive, and choose the network or external drive you want to use.
    • Turn on File History.
    You go to the location where file history is saved and delete the file if you want to do so.

Note: check the locations included for file history and check if there is third party back up in any of these locations. Removing file history completely won't affect your system image that you have already created.

I would also suggest you to check with the below link and check if it helps you.

Backup your Files: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

History of the location of transferred or saved file

1. History of the location of transferred or saved file - Similar Threads - History location transferred

2. Saved File location not remembered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved File location not remembered: I'm having a weird issue with windows 10, where software doesn't remember where the file is on open files.Eg I have two separate documents open, hit save on one and it saves into the same folder as the other file that is open. So you can imagine I have documents been saved...
  3. Saved File location not remembered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved File location not remembered: I'm having a weird issue with windows 10, where software doesn't remember where the file is on open files.Eg I have two separate documents open, hit save on one and it saves into the same folder as the other file that is open. So you can imagine I have documents been saved...
  4. Saved File location not remembered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. saving files and opening file location

saving files and opening file location: Is it possible to open the file location automatically once saving a document in a file. Usually when i print to pdf something or save it to a file I need to locate it to use it eg. send in an email or drop in my google drive. ....
  6. saving files and opening file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving files and opening file location: Is it possible to open the file location automatically once saving a document in a file. Usually when i download something or save it to a file I need to locate it to use it eg. send in an email or drop in my google drive. ....
  7. saving in a file location not allowed

saving in a file location not allowed: I am trying to use a program called ccomp, its a stand alone efi program I use to tune efi vehicles, my old laptop crashed, got his new one and installed the program, went well, but when I go to save a file in the program it says please contact sytem admin due to I do have...
  8. Location of Klondike stats/history file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of Klondike stats/history file: I just purchased a new PC (Win10) and migrated programs from the old PC. For some reason, the stats and history are showing incorrectly - I checked the AppData\Local\Microsoft Games\Solitaire folder and see that the settings and prefs files are dated November 2015. I then...
  9. Saving file location defaults

Saving file location defaults: So specifically with PDF files. When I do a "save as" or sign with a digital signature, it brings up the explorer window. The explorer window opens to the file location of the last file I saved a PDF in. I would like explorer to default the the folder the file I am working...
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...