Windows 10: history

Discus and support history in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; *sarc please how do i get Google not to put all that i want in the history , i went into googles history and found all the questions i had asked for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by keithy333, Sep 8, 2018.

1. keithy333 Win User

history

*sarc please how do i get Google not to put all that i want in the history , i went into googles history and found all the questions i had asked for god knows how long, how do i get rid of so nothing goes into history

:)

keithy333, Sep 8, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

history

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

history

1. history - Similar Threads - history

2. Activity history

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activity history: I have activated all the options under activity history, however I cannot see any Microsoft word or excel documents that have been opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-history/2bf4eb0e-f2ce-48e5-a604-e3672dc1872b
  3. Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working: Hi, I recently upgraded to 1809, everything was fine for a couple of days, then the clipboard history feature suddenly stopped working. When I go into settings to switch it on, it seems to be enabled, however once I close the window or choose something else and navigate...
  4. How to disable Windows 10 Active History permanently

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows 10 Active History permanently: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 introduced a new feature that helps a user to stay connected to their task across their devices. This feature was marketed as Windows Timeline. With this, the user could continue their task across Windows 10 computers as well [...] This post How...
  5. Location of File History Index Files on C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of File History Index Files on C:: Greetings all, I'm on a Windows 10 Professional machine, build 1731. My file history is on D:, but the index files are on C:. Restoring C: from an image overwrites them. Can anyone remind me as their location? I found it once but carelessly lost my notes. My goal is to...
  6. How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer: Hi! Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I couldn't find the answer in any forum. When I right-click the Exlorer icon on the taskbar, it shows me some recent items. I would like to delete this history. How can I do this? Below in the attachments is an image showing the...
  7. Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords: Hi people, In microsoft Edge, at the history settings you can setup the whole kind of data which you want to be wiped. Clearly so that Edge runs as new without saved password, filled in forms, history etcetera. I have tried several scripts and powershell scrips to delete...
  8. file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...: I just wanted to use previous versions because I'm missing some edits. Looking into "previous versions" for the matching file I can see the earliest bacup being 12/21/2018 (today is 1/7/2019). "Backup options" shows me that backup is set for "every hour". backup folders...
  9. File History backup folders getting reset after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History backup folders getting reset after windows update: Hello, I use the "File History" to constantly back up a folder in my D: drive. I removed all the default folders that the system put in the backup list and only added "D:\My Work Data" After the last window update (1809) all the backup folder where reset! all the...
  10. Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave: In my Windows 10 PC, I can only access the Windows Clipboard history window by pressing Windows Key+V after I restart my Windows explorer process. Otherwise if I restart my PC, initially I am not able to open the clipboard window by pressing the above key combination. I have...