Windows 10: Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019

Discus and support Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an automatic Windows 10 update on 1/8/2019, Hitman Pro detected a Trojan which it identified as c:\\windows\sysWOW64\d2dl.dll. The information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SFPeter, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SFPeter Win User

Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019

After an automatic Windows 10 update on 1/8/2019, Hitman Pro detected a Trojan which it identified as c:\\windows\sysWOW64\d2dl.dll. The information screen said that this Trojan had just been installed, that the publisher was Microsoft Corporation, and that it was a protected file.

The updates were KB4480966 and KB4480979.

My anti-virus program didn't detect any threat, and neither did Malware Bytes.

I was wondering if I should just ignore this as a false positive (Hitman Pro said that "several anti-virus programs had reported this as malicious")? I thought about restoring to an earlier restore point, but then I wouldn't have the update from 1/8/2019. Alternatively, if I allow Hitman Pro to delete the file, I'm concerned Windows 10 might not work correctly.

Has anyone else had this happen?

:)

SFPeter, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019 - Similar Threads - Hitman Pro detected

2. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection: When i used it first day before yesterday something went wrong and suddenly while it was in the step of removing unwanted file for some reason my desktop went all blank there was no taskbar windows key won't work the file explorer or settings or basically any app with a...
  3. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection: When i used it first day before yesterday something went wrong and suddenly while it was in the step of removing unwanted file for some reason my desktop went all blank there was no taskbar windows key won't work the file explorer or settings or basically any app with a...
  4. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection: Hi Microsoft Community,Windows Defender flagged a trojan threat in a software I downloaded a while ago. I deleted the file, but Windows Defender is still not updating its status, even after trying the specified actions.I went further and downloaded the same file again, hoping...
  6. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection: Hi Microsoft Community,Windows Defender flagged a trojan threat in a software I downloaded a while ago. I deleted the file, but Windows Defender is still not updating its status, even after trying the specified actions.I went further and downloaded the same file again, hoping...
  7. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.: Steam worked fine yesterday but now I can't open it, I've tried uninstalling the updates but that did not work, I also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and that didn't help either. the troubleshooter said it was incompatible....
  9. Hitman Pro Alert detected ''ophone'' BadUSB rmeote keyboard?

Hitman Pro Alert detected ''ophone'' BadUSB rmeote keyboard?: Hello all! I decided to use my computer as normal one day late in the night and when I woke up I was instantly greeted by the Hitman Pro Alert program telling me it had prevented a "remote keyboard" called "ophone" with the hardware ID "HID\VID_0461&PID_0010&REV_0104&MI_00"....
  10. Hitman Pro Alert?

Hitman Pro Alert?: Hello! My license for ESET expires in a few days, so I uninstalled it and am now using Windows Defender. I have Hitman Pro as an on demand. Does anyone use Hitman Pro Alert? If so, what can you tell me about it? Is it free for a trial period, or how does it work? Thanks! 51581