Windows 10: Hitman Pro wont delete threats

Discus and support Hitman Pro wont delete threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I have on my computer Bitdefender Internet Security, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro. When I do a full scan with Bitdefender or Malwarebytes,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cornishman, May 12, 2017.

1. Hitman Pro wont delete threats

Hi All,
    I have on my computer Bitdefender Internet Security, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.
    When I do a full scan with Bitdefender or Malwarebytes, nothing is found and my system seems clean.
    When I scan with Hitman Pro 14 infected files are found.
    It says that the files will be deleted on next reboot.
    When I reboot and scan again with Hitman Pro they are still there!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Here's a photo:

Hitman Pro wont delete threats [​IMG]

:)

Cornishman, May 12, 2017

2. Is This Windows Message Legitimate?

I did all the downloads of AdCleaner, Hitman Pro, etc. It detected no threats, but I still have that page on Microsoft Edge! I can't delete it, close it or access any Favorites, etc. Am I crazy??

PatHanratty, May 12, 2017
  3. Windows Defender

Sorry,forgot to mention - I did use Hitman Pro, which told me no threats were detected when it scanned all the files.

marlanedoherty, May 12, 2017
  4. Hitman Pro wont delete threats

I don't think the trial license will delete what it finds. My full version works fine.

snickerdoodle, May 12, 2017
  5. Mine is on a 31 day trial. I think that it should delete them.

Cornishman, May 12, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    You're quite right. The first time you use it, it gives you a month's trial, and should delete everything it finds. Not sure why it's not working.

Try ADWCleaner and see if that helps.
    Then run a custom scan with Malwarebytes antimalware, selecting the Rootkit box and scanning the entire OS drive.

simrick, May 12, 2017
  7. Thanks! I'll try that.

Cornishman, May 12, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Hitman Pro wont delete threats

Post the logs and we'll have a look at them.
    ADWCleaner logs are
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt

MBAM's are in the History Tab>Application logs

simrick, May 13, 2017
  9. I've just ran ADWCleaner and it found no threats.
    I'm now running the custom scan with MalwareBytes and I have selected Rootkit box.
    It is taking a while to scan.

Cornishman, May 13, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    Yes, it will take a while.

You could also run Ccleaner Free on the registry, checking all boxes EXCEPT "Help Files", and delete everything it finds. Then run it again, and again, until it doesn't find anything anymore.
    CCleaner - Free Download or try CCleaner Professional - Piriform
    But wait until MBAM is finished scanning, or pause the scan before running Ccleaner.

simrick, May 13, 2017
  11. The MalwareBytes with Rootkit scan has just finished....took almost 1hour 30minutes. It came up clean.

Ran CCleaner registry cleaner and found 1 item and deleted it.

Ran Hitman Pro again and the 14 threats were still there.

Just ran "Search Everything" to find the location of the 14 files, and they all belong to my Bitdefender Internet Security.
    I've been running this Bitdefender for months without any problems.
    These files could be false positives.

Here's just one of the file searches:

Hitman Pro wont delete threats [​IMG]

Cornishman, May 13, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Yep, sounds like a bunch of FPs. Might want to report that to them, so they can resolve it.

simrick, May 13, 2017
  13. zooburner Win User

Aren't they bitdefender files, why would it want to delete those ? your Antivirus will stop working.

Personally I would trust Malwarebytes over Hitman any day. you could try uploading the supposedly infected files to VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

zooburner, May 13, 2017
  14. Yeah!
    I just left it for a couple of days, then ran Hitman Pro again.
    Hitman Pro did an update first and then the scan, and the scan was clear!
    The update must have resolved the false positives.

Cornishman, May 15, 2017
  15. simrick Win User
    Great! *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hitman Pro wont delete threats - Similar Threads - Hitman Pro wont

2. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  3. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  4. threat wont remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    threat wont remove: I have a threat on my pc and i hit the "quarantine" button and it refreshed and stayed without removing the threat, I also dont want to wipe my pc so can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-wont-remove/974d570b-488d-4d7f-800e-5715fa7f2614
  5. threat wont remove

threat wont remove: I have a threat on my pc and i hit the "quarantine" button and it refreshed and stayed without removing the threat, I also dont want to wipe my pc so can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-wont-remove/974d570b-488d-4d7f-800e-5715fa7f2614
  6. Hitman 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3: Who thinks we should have hitman 3 on xbox gamepass ultimate for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hitman-3/a9bac7a0-f448-4833-9831-a8f1262baf15
  7. Hitman Pro Suspicious File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hitman Pro Suspicious File: Yesterday, Hitman Pro Alert found 2 suspicious files on my Windows 10 laptop. Both files were named pagexec.exe. What does Hitman Pro do about those files. Tracking cookies are deleted, but I saw no other options for Suspicious files....
  8. Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial

Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial: Howdy, Running antimalware bytes and norton 360. I wanted to get a third party scan to see if anything was missed with my main protection. I downloaded and installed Hitman Pro several times. It opens and allows me to check one time scan and seems to begin to scan and then...
  9. Hitman Pro Alert on new computer

Hitman Pro Alert on new computer: Hello, I have a license for Hitman Pro Alert, wondering if there is a way to transfer that to a new Windows PC. I can't find anything on their website about it. Actually, I can't find any way to contact support at all for this program. Does anyone know if the license can...
  10. Hitman Pro Alert?

Hitman Pro Alert?: Hello! My license for ESET expires in a few days, so I uninstalled it and am now using Windows Defender. I have Hitman Pro as an on demand. Does anyone use Hitman Pro Alert? If so, what can you tell me about it? Is it free for a trial period, or how does it work? Thanks! 51581