Windows 10: HK Invoke connection problems

Discus and support HK Invoke connection problems in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, My Invoke had been without power for a while and now seems to need to be setup as a new device again. However when trying to set it up through... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CanDrew1867, Apr 7, 2020.

1. HK Invoke connection problems

Hi,

My Invoke had been without power for a while and now seems to need to be setup as a new device again. However when trying to set it up through my phone Android or my PC Windows 10 the setup fails at the same step every time. It fails on connecting to the home WiFi.

Does anyone know why this may be happening and how to fix it? Using the Invoke would be great during all this time were having to spend at home these days.

One possible issue I could think of is that while I initially set up the Invoke in the USA I have since moved overseas and am wondering if this could be part of the connectivity problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

CanDrew1867, Apr 7, 2020

2. My HK Invoke no longer streams TuneIn

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to get the Harman Kardon Invoke connect to your PC, due to which there is a problem in streaming from music apps. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with
    the answers to the questions below.

What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
    winver in Windows search/Run command)

What is the make and model of the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the step as mentioned in
    Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter under Things to try first from this article:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Also we would suggest you to remove/uninstall driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
    2. Scroll down and expand Bluetooth. Now Right click on the devices and select
      Uninstall.
    3. Check the box beside “Delete the driver software for this device” and click
      Ok.
    4. Restart the PC and reinstall the Harman Kardon Invoke.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Harman Kardon Invoke

I bought the HK Invoke speaker about a week ago and I love the sound. However I'm having issues with Cortana.

• Is it possible to sync my PC's Cortana settings with the Invoke?
    • It's really easy to pick my music provider preferences on the Invoke, but I can't seem to pick my default calendar. How can I pick a calendar?
    • My PC's Cortana app will tell me what I have on my calendar, but the Invoke sitting right next to it won't. How can get that to happen
    • Does the HK Invoke interface with the MS To-Do app?
    Thanks

HK Invoke connection problems f72e42da-d68b-45fa-9d52-5d086bce6024.jpg

LarryLowndes, Apr 7, 2020
  4. br4tt3 Win User

HK Invoke connection problems

Cortana Device Setup - Invoke and WiFi

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my Invoke, steering the initial setup from my Windows 10 1803 PC. Cortana is displaying the Devices icon, factory reset the Invoke (several times) and everything seems to work from within the Cortana Device Setup app until the following
    occurs:

1. At the "connect to your device" stage - i can see the Invoke from within the Cortana Device Setup app, in the list

2. Before I press / select the app from the list, check WiFi network connection - my WiFi network card on my PC is bound to SSID providing internet connectivity).

3. When I press / select the HK Invoke device listed, i can see my WiFi NIC is switching to the "HK Invoke" that does not have internet connectivity at this stage. Cortana at the same time tells my "i am not connected to the device" - so all good so far...

4. Next step presented is a next button for setting up WiFi on the Invoke. Remember - at this stage my PC's WiFi connection is bound to the Invoke, and not the Internet providing SSID any more…

5. Press next - Cortana basically tells me that it cannot find any WiFi suitable for continuing… I would like the option to specify an alternate WiFi SSID for Cortana / Invoke but I can only see the Next button in the app...

I am freaking out - tried updating Windows, disabled firewalls, checked e internet connectivity, did setup from 2 different PC's, 1 x Android phone (which generates error - Something went wrong?????) - who ever came up with that error msg? I am running out
    of options.... i did factory reset on the Invoke etc. Is there a debug option, to determine WHAT causing the issue? right now i think it has to do with Window roaming from my internet SSID to the Invoke device when using the COrtana Device Setup app - cause
    it cannot see any suitable SSID once connected to my PC even though the internet providing SSID works just fine...… HELP!!!!

br4tt3, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

HK Invoke connection problems

1. HK Invoke connection problems - Similar Threads - Invoke connection problems

2. HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...: Hi - as the title says, I didn't update my Invoke in early 2021 I didn't know and did a factory reset recently. The speaker directs me to the Cortana app to setup the speaker which, of course, no longer exists on mobile and on PC it no longer allows you to "add devices" . I...
  3. HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...: Hi - as the title says, I didn't update my Invoke in early 2021 I didn't know and did a factory reset recently. The speaker directs me to the Cortana app to setup the speaker which, of course, no longer exists on mobile and on PC it no longer allows you to "add devices" . I...
  4. yetersiz disk alanı hk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yetersiz disk alanı hk.: Merhabalar. 32GB hard disk'e sahip bir bilgisayarın orjinal işletim sisteminde Windows 10 var. bugün tekrar kurulum yaptım kurulumdan sonra kalan alan 1.5 gb. buna bir çözümünüz varmı? hiçbir şekilde kullanamayacağım bilgisayarı....
  5. HK Invoke Bluetooth name is fixed HK Invoke ... regardless of the name I give to the...

in Cortana
    HK Invoke Bluetooth name is fixed HK Invoke ... regardless of the name I give to the...: It seems that I cannot change the BT name of the device even though I have reset and set it up multiple times. The name Cortana says for pairing is different from the actual one. The name is fixed Worse, after some extended inactivity, BT service deactivates on the Invoke...
  6. My HK Invoke no longer streams TuneIn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HK Invoke no longer streams TuneIn: I noticed that on December 13, I noticed that my Invoke wasn’t playing my preferred station (Mix Lite) on TuneIn at all. Tried two days later and the Invoke says “I can’t help with you right now.” Why is this happening? I wished Microsoft and Harman Kardon had fixed this...
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  8. Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings

in Cortana
    Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings: I just started using the invoke with my smart lighting system in my apartment. Although Cortana is able to control my lights individually as well as in their entirety, Cortana is unable to control lights as grouped by the room or activate scenes. Is this a fix that will be...
  9. Kaydırma çubuğunun kaybolması hk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kaydırma çubuğunun kaybolması hk.: Merhaba, Windows 10'da güncelleme durumu açıklaması güncelleme boyutuna göre kaydırma çubuğu kaymaktadır.Kaybolmaktadır. Bu durumu inceleyebilir misiniz?...
  10. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...