Windows 10: hkcmd and persistence modules

Discus and support hkcmd and persistence modules in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hkcmd and persistence modules are auto started when my computer starts.what are these modules and do I need them at all?Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Pincus, Sep 19, 2021.

1. hkcmd and persistence modules

hkcmd and persistence modules are auto started when my computer starts.what are these modules and do I need them at all?Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Sep 19, 2021
  2. CB_CA_18 Win User

How to fix igfxpers.exe entry point not found error in windows 10

Hi Nigel, sorry for the delay in replying - Father's Day & work had to come first. I downloaded / updated the Intel Chipset but not the wireless drivers. I then enabled each of the services one-by-one and restarted my computer after each had been enabled
    and got through all 11 services without the error recurring. I then tried the Start-Up items with the Intel "persistence Module" being the first to be enabled and upon restart the errors recurred. I then disabled the Intel "persistence Module" and restarted
    and the errors did not appear. Then I enabled the Intel "hkcmd Module" and restarted the computer and no errors arose. So the problem seems to be with the Intel "persistence Module" as part of Start-Up that causes these 2 error pop-ups to occur. Any suggestion
    on next steps? Thanks!

CB_CA_18, Sep 19, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Sep 19, 2021
  4. cwsink Win User

hkcmd and persistence modules

Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Can you do a search of your system drive for pcdsrvc_x64.pkms and see where (if at all) it appears? It's not a module I recall seeing in a list before. Searches also suggest it might be part of a Dell diagnostic but I wouldn't expect that to be on your computer.

cwsink, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

hkcmd and persistence modules

1. hkcmd and persistence modules - Similar Threads - hkcmd persistence modules

2. Persistent lockouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent lockouts: I deployed a new computer to a end user and now I am dealing with a persistent lockout issue. It seems to be related to Remote Desktop. I have performed the following steps:-Cleared Credential Manger-Verified no saved passwords in Microsoft Edge & Google Chrome-Revoked 2FA...
  3. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  4. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  5. Persistent malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent malware: I've got a problem. I've been dealing with malware off and on for the past two years. I think somebody in the house invited it in and, having the only Windows computer around, got saddled with something rather nasty. It started two years ago as a Vobfus worm, which I fought...
  6. Install-Module command was found in the module PowerShellGet but the module could not be loaded

in Windows 10 News
    Install-Module command was found in the module PowerShellGet but the module could not be loaded: [ATTACH]If when you try to install or update a PowerShell module from PowerShell Gallery on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer using the Install-Module or Update-Module command and you get the error message Install-Module or Update-Module command was found in the module...
  7. hkcmd, igfx Tray, persistence Module in taskmgr Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hkcmd, igfx Tray, persistence Module in taskmgr Startup: i saw hkcmd, igfx Tray, persistence Module in Task Manager Startup. Can I disable it? Windows 10 20H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkcmd-igfx-tray-persistence-module-in-taskmgr/a6983c2e-a7c5-4719-a375-b384cc27f1b5
  8. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  9. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  10. Persistent Ramdisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent Ramdisk: Any assistance on this, sorry I don't mean to post so much lately new computer. : @ 38988