Windows 10: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function?

Discus and support HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Heroes, May I know the function of the following reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners] I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/edengao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function?

Hi Heroes,

May I know the function of the following reg key:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners]

I have googled it few hrs but still dont get the answer, thanks in advance!!!

Originally, it was related to a windows 10 update issue... some of the updates were not able to be detected, googled it and someone mentioned this reg key, checked and found the mentioned reg key SidebySide was blank, which is not normal. what I want to know is what does this reg key do?

submitted by /u/edengao
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/edengao, Mar 3, 2021

2. hklm\software\wom6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run.auto\worm.autorun.rrt POSSIBLE MALWARE.

From a rescue disk, I ran the normal malwarebytes and the anti rotkits and they detected the following.

I can't find any information on the internet about it.

What should I do ?

Is this a virus?

hklm\software\wom6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run.auto\worm.autorun.rrt

My pc is a SONY VAIO ALL IN ONE, with w 10 pro for 64 bits compilation 18,362,356.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Fantasmadel50, Mar 3, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 3, 2021
  4. CDdude55 Win User

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function?

Windows 7 issue

Im in the Registry, i still can't find that file.

The file is: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE/

Can anyone help me find it?

CDdude55, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function?

1. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide function? - Similar Threads - HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSideBySide function

2. After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone: Hey, so I have Lenovo IdeaPad laptop and I had Win 1909 everything was working smoothly but Microsoft started pushing the 20H2 update so I was forced to install it. After installation my mic was not working at all I ran the troubleshooter and somehow my mic was muted and it...
  3. about hanging some function

in Windows 10 Customization
    about hanging some function: my laptop's task bar is freeze and I am also unable to open my task bar what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-hanging-some-function/571fceb3-74fc-4eba-935c-ebc498544c14
  4. Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound: To start off, I have completed the following steps: -Dism check and restore - sfc - Restoro system check - Virus scan Taskhostw continuously runs a create, query, close sequence every 1-2 seconds and plays Windows Background.wav every second. Yes, very annoying. This...
  5. I HAVE A SONY LAPTOP AND IT WASN'T FUNCTIONING WELL SO I RESET IT. AFTER THE RESET IT WON'T...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I HAVE A SONY LAPTOP AND IT WASN'T FUNCTIONING WELL SO I RESET IT. AFTER THE RESET IT WON'T...: Please help i really need to use my laptop and my dad will kill me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-sony-laptop-and-it-wasnt-functioning-well/7797c38b-eeba-45aa-ab0d-1b248ee06dba
  6. Touchpad functions gone after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad functions gone after last update: Hi Guys, I seem to have lost the ability to left click/select on y touchpad after the last update. I have done a troubleshoot with no success and done device driver update, no change. Its a Dell XPS laptop running Win10. Any help please?...
  7. How do I revert to the old setting where I can see all the file functions on the left side?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I revert to the old setting where I can see all the file functions on the left side?: I was saving a file to my computer when I accidently touched some button and the left side file thing disappeared. It is getting harder to work with this new format so I want to know how to revert it back to the original format. I tried to do so but I have no idea on how to...
  8. Certain functions of windows apps not working

Certain functions of windows apps not working: So lately I had some issues with the following apps: Microsoft Store Xbox App Windows Settings And perhaps more, but I have not found anything besides this. Microsoft Store: I can browse and login just fine, but when I want to download anything it says error, with...
  9. How do I switch between hotkeys and function keys?

How do I switch between hotkeys and function keys?: I have a HP laptop 15 windows 10. But the f keys have a secondary action. Like pressing f2 decreases brightness. This means that in apps like explorer, I have to press fn+f2 to rename a file. How do I switch this in a way that pressing fn+f2 increases brightness and in apps...
  10. Google Signed-out search function

in Browsers and Email
    Google Signed-out search function: I use FireFox and DuckDuckGo search. I use Ccleaner. I kept noticing that the Button for Google Signed-out search activity was being automatically turned on. Through process of elimination, I found that I need to put google.com in the Ccleaner Cookies to Keep column to stop...