Windows 10: HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled...

Discus and support HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, My setup is: Intel NUC NUC6CAYH Celeron N4100 Intel UHD 600 Philips 55" Oled 754 The display settings on the computer were set on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tonka NL, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Tonka NL Win User

HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled...

Hi all,

My setup is:

Intel NUC NUC6CAYH
    Celeron N4100

Intel UHD 600

Philips 55" Oled 754

The display settings on the computer were set on 1920x1080p previous TV

After connecting the new 4K tv, I set the resolution to match 3840 × 2160 59p.

Upon reboot the screen would show the Intel NUC splash screen, and after that it would go blank/black. The TV would show a "no signal" message.

Unplug/replugging the cable, or switching the source no the TV from and to the computer, would get the signal back.

The solution to this, was to set the HD ultra mode in the source settings on the TV HDMI 1 in this case in optimised mode instead of normal. This makes the TV handle a 4K signal from an external source better and makes the computer signal visible directly after boot-up. As it should.

I think other brands have similar settings, so beware.

Hope anyone can use this info to their advantage.

Best regards,

Tonka

:)

Tonka NL, Oct 25, 2020

2. blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Oct 25, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

• Short answer yes. With a dead CMOS battery the BIOS loses its settings so it would be very possible to get a blank screen. If it is a CMOS battery, change it and Load Optimized defaults in BIOS and see how that goes.
    • It's also possible its a hard drive issue though you should at least get something on the screen telling you the system can't find a boot drive.
    • There's also the possibility of a dead GPU. Here, as you noted, you wouldn't get anything at all. Simply a blank screen.
    That said, are you absolutely sure there's nothing on the screen? No warnings, notices, or written text? If you have any text on the screen that's BIOS related, there's a good chance it's not a video card problem.

Unfortunately there are a few things that can cause your issue so you'll have to isolate first to see what's what. Checking the hard drive the way you did is a good start. You could also try installing another hard drive (if you've got one handy) to see what the system does.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Oct 25, 2020
  4. GoonerUK Win User

HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled...

blank screen at boot up 4850 could it be voltages?

Hello everyone *Smile HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled... :)
    I've been getting a blank screen at cold boot up the first time i turn my pc on until it gets to desktop also if i leave it off for a couple of hours or leave it idle at desktop for more than a couple of hours it goes blank again,with all these i get a flashing green power light on my monitor. I was looking at the voltages in RBE in the clock setting and see at boot [clock info 00] the voltage is blank, that includes brets bios's and the default bios as well, as well as being blank in 03 06 09. Ive looked at bios's for the 3800 series and they all had voltages of 1.3 in the boot clock.

Could this be why i get a blank screen on a cold boot or after a couple of hours of inactivity,would it be safe to put a voltage value of 1.084 or something similar in the boot clock info 00?? Would if cure my blank screen problem?

GoonerUK, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. HMDI handshake problem solved blank screen after boot post screen with 4K TV Philips Oled... - Similar Threads - HMDI handshake problem

2. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen after Extending display to TV: Whenever I extend display from my desktop/System unit using a USB to VGA cable and a video converter VGA to AV to my TV, My TV remains blank even after installing two USB to VGA drivers...
  3. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen after Extending display to TV: Whenever I extend display from my desktop/System unit using a USB to VGA cable and a video converter VGA to AV to my TV, My TV remains blank even after installing two USB to VGA drivers...
  4. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 posts to blank screen ?: My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system...
  6. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  7. Blank screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after boot up: Hi i wonder if any has any tips on this problem!? I recently bought a Dell xps 2nd hand which originally had windows 8 on but had been upgraded to win 10. Its been working fine then other day i shut it down with option of : shutdown & install updates. When i booted up the...
  8. blank screen on boot

blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  9. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  10. SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10: I started doing a full clean reset of windows 10 about 30+hours ago and all I have is my monitor lights blinking as if the computer is turned off but the computer is running. I have a 2tb external connected could that be why its taking so long or is this not a normal thing,...