Windows 10: "Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10

Discus and support "Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I make a mistake entering a URL, or if there's no such URL, I usually see this message "Hmmm... cannot reach this page!" But today I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taffy087, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

"Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10

When I make a mistake entering a URL, or if there's no such URL, I usually see this message "Hmmm... cannot reach this page!" But today I got this message:

"Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10 cf1054c4-a14d-4c62-a026-0a789cb019b2?upload=true.png

BT (largest UK provider) is my broadband provider. I've been on their community forum this morning in a discussion about the recent breach of Yahoo said to have affected 1 billion users but I can't see that my being there should have anything to do with it.

BT used to use Yahoo but BTYahoo got hacked in 2013 and their thread (URL to follow) about it is still the largest thread on BT's forum, with nearly 1000 posts. But again that shouldn't have caused the above message to appear in place of th "Hmmm" message, should it?

:)

Taffy087, Dec 3, 2018

2. Hmmm... cannot reach this page

I am frequently seeing this error when I try to go to regular sites that I have not had a problem with in the past. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Hmmm... cannot reach this page.

JimNewman.uk, Dec 3, 2018
  3. nigelmercier, Dec 3, 2018
  4. "Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Hi Mark,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting the error message "Hmm, we can't reach this page", is due to WiFi/Network connectivity issues. Another factor could be some webpages
    that are optimized for the HTML5 standard are displayed incorrectly or are not displayed at all. To resolve this issue, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Change DNS server address.

• Go to Search.
    • Type View network connections.
    • Right-click on your current connection.
    • Then go to Properties.
    • Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
    • Check Use the following DNS server addresses.
    • Enter the following values: Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

"Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10 7fd19578-ad0a-4aa7-8010-c6e7e9448864.png

8. Click OK.

After changing the DNS address, try to launch Microsoft Edge then try to access a webpage and check if the error still occurs. If the issue still persists, try Method 2.

Method 2: Make sure DNS client service is running. This is turned on by default, but there’s a chance that installing an update, or performing some other system action turned it off.

• Go to Search.
    • Type services.msc
    • Open Services.
    • Look for DNS Client service

"Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10 ba2a29de-f826-4372-84a2-25f8b346a309.png

5. If the service is running normally, right-click on it.

6. Go to Properties.

7. Click on Start.

8. Set Startup type to Automatic.

9. Save the changes and restart your computer.

Once the DNS client is running normally, try to connect to a desired webpage in Microsoft Edge.

Method 3: Change your network to Public/Private. Sometimes Microsoft Edge needs a network connection to be listed as Public in order to work properly, while sometimes it requires a Private network connection.

• Go to Search.
    • Type regedit.
    • Open the Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following path: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/NT/CurrentVersion/NetworkList/Profiles
    • Look for your current network connection, under Description.
    • Open the Category DWORD.
    • Set the value of Category to 1 for Private, or 0 to Public (if your network is currently Public, change the value to 1, and the opposite).
    • Restart PC.

Method 4: Make sure that you are properly connected to the Internet.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

"Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10

1. "Hmmm...cannot reach this page! Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hmmm cannot reach

2. Hmmm… can't reach this page canvas.charlotte.edu took too long to respond...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hmmm… can't reach this page canvas.charlotte.edu took too long to respond...: This is happening only with the websites with this domain i.e charlotte.edu. It happens only over one wifi connection. If I change the wifi or use a vpn the websites open fine. Tried the following steps already:1 Changed the browser2 Tried to restart the pc several times3...
  3. Hmmm… can't reach this page canvas.charlotte.edu took too long to respond...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hmmm… can't reach this page canvas.charlotte.edu took too long to respond...: This is happening only with the websites with this domain i.e charlotte.edu. It happens only over one wifi connection. If I change the wifi or use a vpn the websites open fine. Tried the following steps already:1 Changed the browser2 Tried to restart the pc several times3...
  4. Hmmm… can't reach this page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hmmm… can't reach this page: Hmmm… can't reach this pageCheck if there is a typo in provisioning.sharepointpnp.com.If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN...
  5. Hmmm… can't reach this page

Hmmm… can't reach this page: Hmmm… can't reach this pageCheck if there is a typo in provisioning.sharepointpnp.com.If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN...
  6. "Hmmm… can't reach this page It looks like the webpage at https://www.youtube.com/ might be...

"Hmmm… can't reach this page It looks like the webpage at https://www.youtube.com/ might be...: - this isn't a SharePoint issue as I've seen on here its sites like YouTube i can't get to - some sites i can go to and work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hmmm-cant-reach-this-page-it-looks-like-the/b813b250-f202-491e-b13f-a90b917661ac
  7. Hmmm...can't reach this page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hmmm...can't reach this page: Can't seem to connect to websites without getting this message. Very frustrating as it won't even refresh. New Dell Inspiron 15 purchased in November 2019. Problem started around the first of February. Have had the cable company out to check the router and speeds to and...
  8. hmmm cant reach page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hmmm cant reach page: what suggestions to fix why cant go to certain url link although internet works receiving message hmmmm cant reach page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hmmm-cant-reach-page/81bd2b12-404a-4f8b-a84d-05e93efa022d
  9. Cannot Reach this page

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Reach this page: Hello This post is in regards to a website that I'm attempting to access. Within the email there is a highlighted link "Store" where I access a link to purchase my photos.. Clicking on this link Message reads Cannot reach this page, Refresh or Search. Clicking on Refresh...
  10. Hmmm...cant reach this page

in Browsers and Email
    Hmmm...cant reach this page: I have had this issue so much more often the past week with Edge than my entire time using Windows 10. Is anyone else seeing a increase in this? I cant tell if its a wifi problem (all my other devices using wifi are fine) or a problem caused by a recent update or what, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nextdoor website not working

2. hmmm cant reach this page windows 10

3. Hmmm... cannot reach this page

4. hmmm cant reach this page,
  5. hmmm... cannot reach this page windows 10,
  6. why cant i access nextdoor website,
  7. cant reach this page windows 10,
  8. hmmm...cant reach this page windows 10,
  9. hmmm cant reach page,
  10. cannot reach this page windows 10,
  11. windows 10 can not reach this page,