Windows 10: Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

Discus and support Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lostintrama, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's inboxes in a scheme to collect Bitcoin.

Hope you didn't get Hoaxed.

:)

lostintrama, Dec 16, 2018

2. Set an alarm in Alarms, and it doesn't notify me.

I've been having a problem with Alarms. Every time I set an alarm, it doesn't go off. One time, I set an alarm for 6:00pm and after reboot, it finally when off. Any suggestions?

d2123cross, Dec 16, 2018
  3. BecDOTH Win User
    Is email about shutting down hotmail account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a hoax?

Is email about shutting down hotmail account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a hoax?

BecDOTH, Dec 16, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US - Similar Threads - Hoax Email Bomb

2. Bombed with Google Docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bombed with Google Docs: I just noticed that Sheets, Docs, GMail, Slides, and YouTube were all apps installed on my Windows 11 device - today. I never asked for them to be installed. Only other updates/installs today were MSFT Phone Link which I specifically called for and "Windows Package Manager...
  3. E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen: Hi, my friend runned a e bomb prank on my laptop and idk what to do so i win+l hoping i can shutdown my laptop but it cause my laptop to be stuck on a black sceen pls help me im shaking it wont bsod...
  4. email hoax???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email hoax???: i got an email stating that MICROSOFT ACCOUNT DE-ACTIVATION IN PROGRESS if i didn't upgrade within 24 hours. i clicked on it and it took me to my outlook screen. is this a hoax???...
  5. Time-limited restart bomb

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Time-limited restart bomb: I have a neighbor with an oooold rinky-dink Dell desktop and they showed me how it stays on the logon screen for about 5 or so minutes, and then a blue splash screen mentions there's a problem with the registry and says it must restart...which it does....painfully slowly....
  6. What us causing this

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What us causing this: what caused this problem 139824
  7. Hoax or not? That is the question.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hoax or not? That is the question.....: Doea anyone remember April 1st or so?a nasty little program called "MS-SYSINFO32" it made a warning screen and an audio warning not to shut off computer and call this supposed Microsoft support number... Wee being as astute as I am after 20 sum years working with Windows I...
  8. Email Threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Threat: I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my password and they can see I am reading their email through pixels. Is this spam, is it common, have you seen this before? Is...
  9. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential: Dear Sir, I suffer an issue that my under layer disk IO execution file was misjudged as virus by Microsoft Security Essential. (This may 100% reproduced when I compile it by using MFC in a static library) However, when I recompile this execution file by using MFC in...
  10. System 32 Hoax

in Windows 10 Support
    System 32 Hoax: System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system. Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where Windows stores unnecessary files in order to slow down your computer. This in turn will force you to purchase Windows...