Windows 10: Hoax or not? That is the question.....

Discus and support Hoax or not? That is the question..... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Doea anyone remember April 1st or so?a nasty little program called "MS-SYSINFO32" it made a warning screen and an audio warning not to shut off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimCostas Jr, May 4, 2019.

1. Hoax or not? That is the question.....

Doea anyone remember April 1st or so?a nasty little program called "MS-SYSINFO32"

it made a warning screen and an audio warning not to shut off computer and call this supposed Microsoft support number... Wee being as astute as I am after 20 sum years working with Windows I should have known better...I called the number. A Hindu answered the phone and proceeded to walk me through the fix as if I was a number,after I said I was a tech,he changed his tone completely,that in my astute lol,opinion should have been clue 2. Next he gave me a phone number to get a removal software and again stupidlyD/L'd the program,nothing seemed to happen,up front at least,he the Hindu kept feeding me BS. I was getting a little..no a lot pissed off at this point,that's when he sprang the cudemwa..he said out of the blue " what card are you going to use,I said I didn't have any funds at the moment,but would soon, asked how much $it was...he said 395 bucks. I said 400 bucks to remove a virus, are you ******* kidding you got to be nuts... Then he hung up on me and I knew I was screwed.now my brand new HP ALL IN ONE,is dead seams as though the dl'd softwas erasing and defining access to everything administrative,can't restore all dates are gone,can't do a clean install,bios is screwed,I've worked for hours and it just gets wors,took over network and Internet lost hard drive,changed all letters.the reason I am telling you this is because I'm a Windows insider,we get copies of Windows before most users and report stability etc.well my last upgrade was the 1800 series and everything from soup to nuts as far as your update issues and all I believe in some way related to ms-sysinfo32' Microsoft was running around trying to remedy all these issues after the release of new version and this virus none of malware firewall virus software can see this thing... But I'm now stuck using an ipad2hang in there hope the info helps someone out there...Jim C

:)

JimCostas Jr, May 4, 2019
  2. DaveKSGD Win User

Windows 7 Activation Key hoax solutions

I am on a genuine version of Windows 7.

Today I received a very official looking pop-up message that my copy of Windows 7 wasn't genuine and I needed to supply the product activation key.

I saw a screenshot on line that confirmed this was a hoax.

I have tried a Restore but it hasn't fixed the problem.

I have tried scans with Windows Defender and a commercial product and neither detected an issue.

Desktop screen background has turned black with a message in bottom RHS that copy of Windows is not genuine, Build 7601.

Computer status doesn't reveal the genuine nature of the Windows 7

I would rather not reinstall Windows 7 as I am concerned that I will have to reinstall various passwords for Wifi and components etc.

I have seen some solutions online but don't know if they are from genuine sources. One suggests supplying various codes into the hoax request. Others suggest cmd or .exe solutions.

Where do I find the official enter product activation key? Some of the online suggestions have options that aren't on my computer.

Any other suggested steps?

Thanks in advance

DaveKSGD, May 4, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 4, 2019
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Hoax or not? That is the question.....

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Hoax or not? That is the question.....

1. Hoax or not? That is the question..... - Similar Threads - Hoax question

2. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?: So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-when-i-ask-a-question-here-wherewhenhow-do-i/92d5d748-eba4-4a25-95b8-ab2dea10ff0f
  3. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?: So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-when-i-ask-a-question-here-wherewhenhow-do-i/92d5d748-eba4-4a25-95b8-ab2dea10ff0f
  4. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I get notified with a reply after posting question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get notified with a reply after posting question: Am new to this site. How will I know when a reply is posted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-notified-with-a-reply-after-posting/8b63cb92-80a7-4b2b-89d3-eb4406becc16
  6. email hoax???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email hoax???: i got an email stating that MICROSOFT ACCOUNT DE-ACTIVATION IN PROGRESS if i didn't upgrade within 24 hours. i clicked on it and it took me to my outlook screen. is this a hoax???...
  7. Has anyone seen this Possible Malware Hoax peacelion.info. Defender and Firewall saw nothing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone seen this Possible Malware Hoax peacelion.info. Defender and Firewall saw nothing.: This just might be a HOAX and I xcant see any damage yet. The peacelion.info domain creation date Feb 8, 2020 No messages from defender real time. Checked for update for most recent def file and ran full scan then offline scan and got nothing. Additional formation is...
  8. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US: Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's inboxes in a scheme to collect Bitcoin. Hope you didn't get Hoaxed....
  9. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax: Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from security blogger Graham Cluley. Hoax posts have taken on different looks and forms around Facebook, and have been around for...
  10. System 32 Hoax

in Windows 10 Support
    System 32 Hoax: System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system. Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where Windows stores unnecessary files in order to slow down your computer. This in turn will force you to purchase Windows...