Windows 10: Hoe much space should I allocate?

Discus and support Hoe much space should I allocate? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm getting a laptop with a single 512gb ssd. I'm going to install Win10 Pro on it. So I was wondering how much space I should allocate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crmsnmnwl, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Hoe much space should I allocate?

Hey, so I'm getting a laptop with a single 512gb ssd. I'm going to install Win10 Pro on it. So I was wondering how much space I should allocate, because opinions vary highly...

submitted by /u/crmsnmnwl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crmsnmnwl, Dec 15, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 15, 2020
  3. oscure Win User
    Disk partitions, allocated space

Need help moving allocated space from one disk to another.

I have a picture of the partitions if that helps

oscure, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Hoe much space should I allocate?

Reclaim Un-allocated Space (Formally System Reserved)

Hello,

I previously had run low on disk space on my Operating System Drive (SSD 250GB), my operating system (Windows 7) created a system reserved space (100MB) and placed the boot files there, this creates a warning on log in that a temporary paging file has been
    created.

I have now cloned this drive to a new 1TB Corsair SSD (Including the system reserved partition) with Active Boot Disk software. I have reclaimed un-allocated space on the new drive which was not identified during the cloning process. As the boot files were
    being stored on the system reserved partition, I conducted a "boot fix" on my Windows 7 Disc. This placed my boot files into the main partition and then I proceeded to make the main partition active and deleted the system reserved partition (now un-allocated).

Windows now boots from the main partition as intended,

However in Disk Manager, an un-allocated space created by the system reserved function exists and the Temporary Paging File Warning still appears on start-up, even though the new SSD has 800+GB of free space and the main partition is the
    boot partition. Also, the left most partition is the 100MB un-allocated space that I wish to reclaim but the option to extend the main partition is greyed out in and not available in active boot disk software and disk manager. I have tried to make the disk
    "dynamic" but it warns me there is not enough "space" on either partition to do so, which is simply not true.

TLHoe much space should I allocate? :DR

I want to:

1. Merge the left most 100MB un-allocated partition (previously system reserved) with the main 800+GB partition
    2. Remove the temp paging file alert on start up
    Thank you in advance for any advice.

Wade.

Wade Hardie, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Hoe much space should I allocate?

1. Hoe much space should I allocate? - Similar Threads - Hoe much space

2. How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?: I have a new Acer Windows 11 1TB Laptop...but I'm sure that I'm giving too much space to system restore.It's currently set at 10% which is 95GB, but I can't find an answer to what would be best. There are so many conflicting answers, but none of them seem informed :-/Can...
  3. How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?: I have a new Acer Windows 11 1TB Laptop...but I'm sure that I'm giving too much space to system restore.It's currently set at 10% which is 95GB, but I can't find an answer to what would be best. There are so many conflicting answers, but none of them seem informed :-/Can...
  4. Not much space at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not much space at all: My parents surprised me with a Windows 11 laptop and I was really excited. But I have a problem with it. Not even after a day of having it and not downloading anything, I had only 20 GB left and its now 14 GB Its a 64 GB Laptop. I've gotten rid of games that took up space but...
  5. Not much space at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not much space at all: My parents surprised me with a Windows 11 laptop and I was really excited. But I have a problem with it. Not even after a day of having it and not downloading anything, I had only 20 GB left and its now 14 GB Its a 64 GB Laptop. I've gotten rid of games that took up space but...
  6. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  7. How much space should I partition for windows 10 on my mac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much space should I partition for windows 10 on my mac?: I don't really need to use windows much besides using it for a couple games that aren't compatible with IOS. Would 50GB be enough for what I'm doing? submitted by /u/cocoapuff232 [link] [comments]...
  8. How much disk space should I leave for a Windows 10 partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How much disk space should I leave for a Windows 10 partition?: I use a Linux distro as my main system, but I want to leave a secondary Windows partiotion that I'll use to play a small bunch of old games, that put together shouldn't take more than 15 GB. How much disk space should allocate for that? Thanks....
  9. Allocating Hard Drive Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allocating Hard Drive Space: Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a while, got a new hard drive, and used a dock like thing to clone the stuff from my dying hard drive to my new one. my issue now is...
  10. Cannot extend un-allocated space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot extend un-allocated space: I cannot extend my c drive to take this unallocated space of 651MB? [img] How do i do it? 24152