Windows 10: Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

Discus and support Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 - under Windows Updates there's a link to "View Optional Updates" - here there are optional driver updates and "other updates" that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattMcLelland, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

In Windows 10 - under Windows Updates there's a link to "View Optional Updates" - here there are optional driver updates and "other updates" that I never plan to install. How can I remove these from being an option to install? Several are being presented that are either irrelevant or unwanted - it's not a big deal, but I'd like to get ride of them. In older versions of windows you would right click / hide - there doesn't seem to be a way to hide these anymore - unless I'm missing something.

:)

MattMcLelland, Oct 8, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 8, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

4. FX-GMC Win User

Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

Windows update failing

You could try the Windows Update troubleshooter. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

If that doesn't work then do this:

FX-GMC, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

1. Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update - Similar Threads - Hoe Remove Optional

2. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  3. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  4. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Optional Driver Updates

Optional Driver Updates: Hello! I decided to check for any updates on my computer and I stumbled upon the "optional updates". And I found these: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I determine what to install or whether to install them at all? Your insights would be of great help! Thank you so much!...
  6. Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional): Hello everyone, so basically, I've only recently noticed that my laptop (Asus Zephyrus G14) hasn't updated in a while. After doing the usual trip into settings and pressing 'download and install', I got this message several times: 'Error encountered' followed by, 'There were...
  7. Driver optional updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver optional updates: I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the group policy editor? Not that I don't trust microsoft but! 169787
  8. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  10. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of optional updates windows 10