Windows 10: Hol.dll causing my PC to blue screen whever I try to start up Minecraft

Discus and support Hol.dll causing my PC to blue screen whever I try to start up Minecraft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a while now my PC has had an issue of randomly blue screening while I'm playing video games. This almost always happened while playing CSGO in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ADouble, Aug 23, 2019.

1. ADouble Win User

Hol.dll causing my PC to blue screen whever I try to start up Minecraft

For a while now my PC has had an issue of randomly blue screening while I'm playing video games. This almost always happened while playing CSGO in particular for some reason. I recently decided to reinstall Minecraft and whenever I try to boot up the game on any of the recent versions it instantly blue screens upon startup, I've used blue screen viewer to check what the cause has been and apparently the issue has to do with hal.dll though I still have no idea if there's any way of fixing it other than a clean install of Windows and I'd rather avoid that. I can also post the dumps if needed.

:)

ADouble, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue screen error caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I have analyzed the dump files and will need the following information:

• When do you get the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to Desktop?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

The Blue screen error caused by ntoskrnl.exe is related to memory and possibly a faulty driver. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Boot in to safe mode

I suggest you to boot the computer into safe mode and see if the issue persists in safe mode. Please refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and boot the computer into safe mode.

If the computer works fine in safe mode, I suggest you to perform a clean boot in safe mode environment to isolate the issue.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Run memory diagnostics

Since the Blue screen error is related to memory, I suggest you to run a Memory diagnostic on the computer to diagnose the memory installed on the computer.
    Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

For additional information, refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Hol.dll causing my PC to blue screen whever I try to start up Minecraft - Similar Threads - Hol dll causing

2. Starting Camera Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting Camera Causes Blue Screen: I just bought a new XPS 13 directly from Dell. Every time I attempt to engage the camera System Settings, Zoom, etc., Windows 11 automatically goes into a "Blue Screen", and the computer restarts. The 'camera light' indicating the camera is in use does go on, and stays on...
  3. Starting Camera Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting Camera Causes Blue Screen: I just bought a new XPS 13 directly from Dell. Every time I attempt to engage the camera System Settings, Zoom, etc., Windows 11 automatically goes into a "Blue Screen", and the computer restarts. The 'camera light' indicating the camera is in use does go on, and stays on...
  4. service failing to start causing pc to blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    service failing to start causing pc to blue screen: So there's this service called "GLCKIO2" which i think is connected to this application called rgb fusion which i completely uninstalled from my PC that keeps failing to start which is causing my pc to freeze and then blue screen. I have entirely uninstalled every trace of...
  5. service failing to start causing pc to blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    service failing to start causing pc to blue screen: So there's this service called "GLCKIO2" which i think is connected to this application called rgb fusion which i completely uninstalled from my PC that keeps failing to start which is causing my pc to freeze and then blue screen. I have entirely uninstalled every trace of...
  6. service failing to start causing pc to blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC Is causing the blue screen of death

My PC Is causing the blue screen of death: Memory Dump information link https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmXbjqU-t7igxV7Ib-xDxKMlJ50J ------------------------------------ When it Blue Screens at It just Blue Screens at random times ---------------------------------------------------------- PC specs Operating System Windows...
  8. Blue screen on start up

Blue screen on start up: Recently i have installed windows 10 version 1909 and my laptop shows blue screen on start up everytime. It shows the error 'KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR' and shows failed: cdd.dll. How to I fix this problem. I tried Uninstalling the version 1909 update too but the problem...
  9. Pc Blue screened during start up!

Pc Blue screened during start up!: Hey guys, just turned my computer on, and was greeted with a BSOD, I installed 16GB of memory to the already 16GB installed, and ran a Memtest over night with zero errors. I can't remember alot from the BSOD but I do remember it had AMD in the error message. Windows Version...
  10. PC throttles whever enemy on screen on any game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC throttles whever enemy on screen on any game: Anygame, be it CSGO or Fortnite, its all going great at 30-60fps, Untill an enemy comes on screen. the moment theres an enemy, the pc Throttles and fps drops to 5-7 and its all soo laggy for a solid 35 to 55 secs and i getclapped on immediately. it was normal until 2 weeks...