Windows 10: Hold key doesn't repeat

Discus and support Hold key doesn't repeat in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi im scar and i accidentally turned off the thing that when you hold a key it repeats how can i turn this on again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ScarOnStuff, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Hold key doesn't repeat

Hi im scar and i accidentally turned off the thing that when you hold a key it repeats how can i turn this on again?

:)

ScarOnStuff, Oct 10, 2021
  2. hoyomi Win User

Hold Key Doesn't Repeat in Every Application in WIndows 10

I am using Dell XPS13 9360 running Windows 10 with everything up to date (Windows update, Dell update, Bios, Intel Chipset, etc).

Recently, possibly after last bios upgrade, holding keys no longer repeat properly in every applications. A few examples:

• Office 2016 - backspace repeats but arrow and delete keys don't
    • Chrome/IE11 - nothing repeats
    • Edge - all keys repeat as expected

I tried all the suggestions around ticking or unticking "User Filter Keys" option. It didn't solve the problem. On-screen keyboard has the same behavior

The only way to "fix" the issue is to uninstall all keyboard drivers in device manager and reboot following the prompt. Once the PC is back up, every key repeats normal, but only till the next reboot where the issue reoccurs.

Is there anything else I can try to solve the problem once for all?

hoyomi, Oct 10, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Hold key doesn't repeat [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 10, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Hold key doesn't repeat

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Hold key doesn't repeat

1. Hold key doesn't repeat - Similar Threads - Hold key doesn't

2. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard hold causes repeats: If i start a game in my exampleark and i wanna walk for example and hold the w key it literally spams w no hold it spams i dont know how to fix this thing pls help me...
  3. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard hold causes repeats: If i start a game in my exampleark and i wanna walk for example and hold the w key it literally spams w no hold it spams i dont know how to fix this thing pls help me...
  4. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Holding down a key to have it repeat

Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  6. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  7. Hold key doesn't repeat

Hold key doesn't repeat: Hi im scar and i accidentally turned off the thing that when you hold a key it repeats how can i turn this on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hold-key-doesnt-repeat/fe686d6f-7dcc-4018-8cff-49edb7ea9f68
  8. Hold key doesn't repeat

Hold key doesn't repeat: Hi im scar and i accidentally turned off the thing that when you hold a key it repeats how can i turn this on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hold-key-doesnt-repeat/fe686d6f-7dcc-4018-8cff-49edb7ea9f68
  9. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  10. Keyboard hold causes repeats

Keyboard hold causes repeats: I have this annoying problem with the keyboard when I hold a button it counts as more presses than a press and it's spamming all over. This can cause problems while playing some games, for example when I have to claim a free prize in Fortnite there's a button that I must hold...