Windows 10: Holding a key dosnt work

Discus and support Holding a key dosnt work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If i hold a key on my keyboard it dosnt work most of the time if i play a game and i have to hold a key to do something it starts again most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BastianHein, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Holding a key dosnt work

If i hold a key on my keyboard it dosnt work most of the time if i play a game and i have to hold a key to do something it starts again most of the time

:)

BastianHein, Feb 8, 2021

2. Product key doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to activate Windows by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Holding a key dosnt work

camera dosnt work lumia 920

soft reset....Volume Down + Power. Hold until the phone vibrates. the try again. should take about 30 seconds.

If it doesn't work, check where you bought the phone.

Phil101 Outlook, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Holding a key dosnt work

1. Holding a key dosnt work - Similar Threads - Holding key dosnt

2. when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it dosnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it dosnt work: when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it does "x" insted of "xxxxxxxx" anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-type-on-my-keyboard-and-hold-down-a-key-it/d3297867-7c8c-4dfb-9d6a-efcd318cbea5
  3. when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it dosnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it dosnt work: when i type on my keyboard and hold down a key it does "x" insted of "xxxxxxxx" anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-type-on-my-keyboard-and-hold-down-a-key-it/d3297867-7c8c-4dfb-9d6a-efcd318cbea5
  4. My wifi on my laptop dosnt work

My wifi on my laptop dosnt work: This happened yesterday, but the wifi on my laptop didn’t work and it said “no internet secured”. but the wifi works on every other device in my house. i also tried using my hotspot to see if it was a problem with the whole wifi on my laptop but it’s just the specific home...
  5. My wifi on my laptop dosnt work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi on my laptop dosnt work: This happened yesterday, but the wifi on my laptop didn’t work and it said “no internet secured”. but the wifi works on every other device in my house. i also tried using my hotspot to see if it was a problem with the whole wifi on my laptop but it’s just the specific home...
  6. My wifi on my laptop dosnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. W key does not work after holding either ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key does not work after holding either ctrl key: When I hold either one of the ctrl keys on my keyboard, the W key will not work, as in it won't type on the search bar. I tried changing the keyboard settings by setting New Zealand English as my language and now when I type w while holding the ctrl key anywhere in any edge...
  8. Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key

Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key: No.1Touchpad Doesn't Work When I Hold Or Click a KeyNo.2I Can't Experience The Stuff I Work On Because Of ItNo.3I Brought A Mouse Instead Of The Touchpad But I Need The Touchpad Since It Has More FeaturesTell Me How To Fix, Stuff I Don't Have:PalmcheckMy PC:Edition Windows 10...
  9. Mouse not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working when holding down a key: I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm...
  10. Shift key not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...