Windows 10: Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...

Discus and support Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently realized this problem where holding down a key only inputs it once, before pausing for a full second, then beginning to repeat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GabrielPascua, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...

Hello all, I recently realized this problem where holding down a key only inputs it once, before pausing for a full second, then beginning to repeat it, rather than repeating it immediately after holding it down. Is there any way to fix this? It doesn't seem to be sticky, slow, or filter keys, as I have all of those turned off.

:)

GabrielPascua, Nov 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 product key error

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 27, 2021
  3. repeating password after a pause in typing or action

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When you say ‘’ If I pause for a few minutes window 10 resets to sign in’’ do you mean the system goes to sleep mode when you pause?

• Are you using Microsoft account?
    If you refer to sleep mode, you can try the below steps and check if this helps.

• Type settings on Windows search bar and select
      settings.

• Click on System and select Power & Sleep.

• Now click on Additional power settings, check on Balanced and click on
      Change plan settings option.

• Change the Power plan settings according to you and click on
      Save changes.
    Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...

Cortana resetting or not holding settings

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...

1. Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to... - Similar Threads - Holding down key

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  5. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  6. Holding down a key to have it repeat

Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  7. Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...

Holding down a key will type it out only once, pausing for a moment, and then beginning to...: Hello all, I recently realized this problem where holding down a key only inputs it once, before pausing for a full second, then beginning to repeat it, rather than repeating it immediately after holding it down. Is there any way to fix this? It doesn't seem to be sticky,...
  8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...
  10. How to hold down a key with cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hold down a key with cmd: I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time? 41941