Windows 10: Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly

Discus and support Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This was a hard one to just Google the answer to, because apparently there is a setting whereby users whowant to move the mouse with the keyboard, can.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Isaac975, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Isaac975 Win User

Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly

This was a hard one to just Google the answer to, because apparently there is a setting whereby users whowant to move the mouse with the keyboard, can. This is NOT that issue.

the issue I am having is that when I hold down however briefly the Windows or either Ctrl or either Alt key, it causes my mouse to immediately start jiggling and wiggling around randomly quite a bit - and apparently it even starts clicking stuff if I leave it alone long enough. Given that I use Alt+Tab all the time, this is a major problem.

I figured it was a problem with the keyboard and mouse and was about to buy a new one, when I realized that this issue is completely absent on a different computer.
    Anyone ever experienced this bizarre problem?

:)

Isaac975, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly

Windows key hold after alt-tabbing

Which build? I once saw it appear as if there was a way to lock the Alt- key, which then makes the Alt-Tab display work like the Win-Tab Task View in that it stays up without having to hold on to the modifier while you use it with cursor keys. To make
    it work I needed to use the right-Ctrl. In fact, it still works that way provided I press the Ctrl- key first. YMMV. 17134.286

Windows 10. Still an Adventure ("Twisty passages, all different.")

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly

1. Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly - Similar Threads - Holding down Alt

2. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  3. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  4. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  5. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?: For the past week or so my touchscreen has been reacting to my touches and mouse clicks as if I was holding down alt or ctrl, but I have my unhooked from the keyboard. It's really difficult to deal with because I have to use the touchscreen for my artwork all the time and...
  8. Alt and Windows keys make mouse wiggle randomly around

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt and Windows keys make mouse wiggle randomly around: This was a hard one to just Google the answer to, because apparently there is a setting whereby users who want to move the mouse with the keyboard, can. This is NOT that issue. the issue I am having is that when I hold down (however briefly) the Windows or either Ctrl or...
  9. Mouse not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working when holding down a key: I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm...
  10. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key. I have updated my drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. holding down ctrl key 対処法

2. mouse with built.in jiggle.function