Windows 10: Holding down keyboard buttons

Discus and support Holding down keyboard buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zzyzix, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Zzyzix Win User

Holding down keyboard buttons

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm pressing the button repeatedly. It's not specific to just some buttons, I've tried rebinding move forward to random keys and holding them down, same thing happens. I have also tried connecting the keyboard to multiple different USB ports on my PC, and the problem still presists. However, when I tried it on my laptop (also running Windows 10 pro) there was no issue at all.

I have checked manufacturer website, there is no drivers for this specific keyboard. I also tried googling about it, but the only things I managed to find are about specific keys (CTRL, Win, Shift etc.) acting as if they are stuck and the manual also doesn't say anything about this.

I hope that someone here can help me solve this. Thanks in advance.

:)

Zzyzix, Feb 6, 2016

2. on my keyboard I can't hold down key's

Hi Ayden,

If you're meaning to physically hold down the buttons on your keyboard, we believe that wouldn't be possible unless the button you're trying to hold has a switch to hold it down or by using something to hold the button down. To clear up the issue that you're
    having, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Tell us what is the make and the model of your device?
    • Are you trying to turn on your Wifi using a button on your keyboard?
    • Kindly describe the situation you're in why you need to hold buttons on your keyboard.
    • Tell us which buttons are you referring to.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Empty Trash and Junk Folder in Windows 10 Mail app with a single click

Excellent, far quicker than using any "select all" method. Holding the keyboard delete button down just zips through the list in no time. Well found Puttnutt.

I tried what you suggested on holding down the "keyboard" delete button but after all the mail disappeared, a few hours later they are reappear in my deleted message folder, again.

PatriciaBarnett, Feb 6, 2016
  4. AthanX Win User

I was having the same problem with you. i just found it via the manual.

Just press Fn+Q once and you ve done! *Smile

AthanX, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Holding down keyboard buttons - Similar Threads - Holding down keyboard

2. Holding down mouse button does not work as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down mouse button does not work as expected: Issue: When holding down a mouse button, clicking and releasing another mouse button will also release the held down buttonFor instance: I am holding down my RMB, then I tap my LMB. LMB releases as expected, but RMB also gets released, despite me still physically holding down...
  3. Holding down mouse button does not work as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holding down mouse button does not work as expected: Issue: When holding down a mouse button, clicking and releasing another mouse button will also release the held down buttonFor instance: I am holding down my RMB, then I tap my LMB. LMB releases as expected, but RMB also gets released, despite me still physically holding down...
  4. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  5. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  6. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button: Hello,We just got a refurbished PC with Windows 10. It has a weird issue that I can not figure out.When you select to do a restart, the screen comes up that says "Restarting...", and then the monitor goes black, all the lights turn off, and you can not hear any sounds coming...
  8. V button not working without me holding down the shift button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    V button not working without me holding down the shift button: Hello, I was sitting on my pc and playing some games yesterday when i noticed a thing. The computer doesnt seem to allow the input that is simply a V to be processed. I hae tried reseting and updating eerything but still it doesnt work. Could somebody please giVe me a tip?...
  9. When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JokerQuin123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga62tt/when_i_press_any_button_on_my_keyboard_on_hold_it/
  10. Random interrupts, while holding any keyboard button down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random interrupts, while holding any keyboard button down.: Hello, I'm a laptop user, but i'm using outside keyboard, because laptop inbuilt one broke (long time ago though). Since about three-two weeks, i'm getting random (each second-two), quarter second input breaks, while holding down any button or double input, when pressing...