Windows 10: Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Discus and support Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickB#, Jul 5, 2019.

1. NickB# Win User

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?

:)

NickB#, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Erez Win User

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

This is nicest answer I have ever seen! I feel hope now! I am happy! That's it! This is the best answer I was looking for! I am pretty sure that my problem has finally been solved and all thanks to you! You saved me! I will try that and let you know! Thanks you very much! Probably I am going to Mark as Solved this time!

EDIT: Okay, I followed your suggestions. All what I had to do is to turn off the first switch below the Filter Keys header and problem solved! Backspace erasing text as fast as it always did and all thanks to you! No need to mess up with the registry! Already Marked as Solved this thread! I am blessing you! Thanks for the hard work anyway!

Erez, Jul 5, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

If you have the first one set on, you are limited thru this setting mode to 0.3 seconds. If you set it off, there is no delay....0.0 seconds.

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. [​IMG]

It's possible this is the reg key you're looking for. The value is in milliseconds. 300 = 0.3

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. [​IMG]

Play with it and see what happens. Because it is a USER value, you may need to sign off/on to take affect.

TC

f14tomcat, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Deleting text by holding backspace is too slow - I don't know what else to try

Hello Everybody,

I really hope somebody knows how to fix this: I saw that a lot of people had this problem, but for me, no solution I've tried until now worked... I always hold down the backspace key to delete words. But this goes very slow, and I do really lose a lot of
    time "waiting" for it to delete words. I tried changing my settings for the Filter Keys etc. (turn them off), I tried changing the speed for deleting, I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and rebooting it (which temporarly works, but after a restart, everything
    is slow again). So I really don't know what else to try.

Strangely, if I backspace one letter by one, it's not slow. Only by holding the backspace or by holding the right arrow to "go forward through the text". I'm sorry for my mistakes in english, but I figured that, like that, there are hopefully more people
    reached by this, who can help me maybe.

Thank you!

Belén

BelénHaefely, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

1. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. - Similar Threads - Holding down keys

2. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.: Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer....
  3. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key: Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It...
  4. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...
  5. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working: Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the Airplane mode\disable the wifi adapter via device manger,after which the keys seem to work fine. However once airplane...
  6. Holding down keyboard buttons

Holding down keyboard buttons: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm...
  7. Random interrupts, while holding any keyboard button down.

Random interrupts, while holding any keyboard button down.: Hello, I'm a laptop user, but i'm using outside keyboard, because laptop inbuilt one broke (long time ago though). Since about three-two weeks, i'm getting random (each second-two), quarter second input breaks, while holding down any button or double input, when pressing...
  8. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key. I have updated my drivers...
  9. Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow: How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes? is set to 0.3 seconds and this is the minimum value. When I set this enumeration value (the ComboBox or DropDownList) above 0.3 seconds (maximum 2.0 seconds), it (held down Backspace) erasing...
  10. How to hold down a key with cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hold down a key with cmd: I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time? 41941