Windows 10: Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Discus and support Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickB#, Jul 5, 2019.

1. NickB# Win User

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?

:)

NickB#, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Erez Win User

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

This is nicest answer I have ever seen! I feel hope now! I am happy! That's it! This is the best answer I was looking for! I am pretty sure that my problem has finally been solved and all thanks to you! You saved me! I will try that and let you know! Thanks you very much! Probably I am going to Mark as Solved this time!

EDIT: Okay, I followed your suggestions. All what I had to do is to turn off the first switch below the Filter Keys header and problem solved! Backspace erasing text as fast as it always did and all thanks to you! No need to mess up with the registry! Already Marked as Solved this thread! I am blessing you! Thanks for the hard work anyway!

Erez, Jul 5, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

If you have the first one set on, you are limited thru this setting mode to 0.3 seconds. If you set it off, there is no delay....0.0 seconds.

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. [​IMG]

It's possible this is the reg key you're looking for. The value is in milliseconds. 300 = 0.3

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. [​IMG]

Play with it and see what happens. Because it is a USER value, you may need to sign off/on to take affect.

TC

f14tomcat, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

Deleting text by holding backspace is too slow - I don't know what else to try

Hello Everybody,

I really hope somebody knows how to fix this: I saw that a lot of people had this problem, but for me, no solution I've tried until now worked... I always hold down the backspace key to delete words. But this goes very slow, and I do really lose a lot of
    time "waiting" for it to delete words. I tried changing my settings for the Filter Keys etc. (turn them off), I tried changing the speed for deleting, I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and rebooting it (which temporarly works, but after a restart, everything
    is slow again). So I really don't know what else to try.

Strangely, if I backspace one letter by one, it's not slow. Only by holding the backspace or by holding the right arrow to "go forward through the text". I'm sorry for my mistakes in english, but I figured that, like that, there are hopefully more people
    reached by this, who can help me maybe.

Thank you!

Belén

BelénHaefely, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

1. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow. - Similar Threads - Holding down keys

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.: All of the sudden yesterday, holding down a key won't constantly make that character be spammed in whatever text box you're typing it into. Why? What can I do to stop it?...
  5. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  6. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  7. My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down

in Windows 10 Customization
    My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down: My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-backspace-key-will-not-delete-continually-as-i/62118512-75b0-4663-9549-06e2810cd952
  8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow: How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes? is set to 0.3 seconds and this is the minimum value. When I set this enumeration value (the ComboBox or DropDownList) above 0.3 seconds (maximum 2.0 seconds), it (held down Backspace) erasing...
  10. How to hold down a key with cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hold down a key with cmd: I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time? 41941

Users found this page by searching for:

1. holding backspace deleting very slow

2. my pc backspace sun slow when i type