Windows 10: Holographic entry in Start menu

Discus and support Holographic entry in Start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bo elam, May 30, 2019.

1. bo elam Win User

Holographic entry in Start menu

After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed reality.

Holographic entry in Start menu [​IMG]

When I click to open Configuration in Settings for this app, this opens.

I never used Mixed reality and I am not interested in using anything like it. After updating to 1903, with pleasure, I clicked to uninstall Mixed reality. So, perhaps this entry is a leftover after I uninstalled Mixed reality. Or, it was placed in my Start menu by the upgrade to 1903.

No matter what, I like to get rid of it if possible, ....How can I get rid of it? Or, should I ignore it?

Thanks

Bo

:)

bo elam, May 30, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Holographic entry in Start menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, May 30, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Double entries in start menu

Hi, I can't definitely tell you why you have two identical shortcuts, but I can tell you you only get one folder level expressed in Win 10's start menu.

Here's a suggestion for Avast: In your start menu folder do you have a shortcut at the top level as well as within a subfolder? That's what Avast normally creates. I deleted the first a long time back, and have only one visible.

For example, I have a hierarchical start menu with category folders, subcategory folders and a folder for most programs- normal legacy start menu familiar from '98 to Win 7. It's fine if I use Classic Shell. But here's how you can see Win 10's start menu strips out the shortcuts and arranges them so helpfully in alphabetic order.

All those help files are shortcuts in separate subfolders. I suppose the appropriate comment might be 'Help'!

Given what you are seeing this suggests the shortcuts that appear identical perhaps aren't?
    The Windows Start Menu hides duplicate shortcuts - MOBZystems

dalchina, May 30, 2019
  4. Holographic entry in Start menu

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Holographic entry in Start menu

1. Holographic entry in Start menu - Similar Threads - Holographic entry Start

2. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other': HiI have the same issue as commented on by Phant0m`` in 2016Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-dead-invalid-shortcut-under/a8d41ac8-926f-440d-9183-987ce77a8bd0Has...
  3. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other': HiI have the same issue as commented on by Phant0m`` in 2016Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-dead-invalid-shortcut-under/a8d41ac8-926f-440d-9183-987ce77a8bd0Has...
  4. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  6. Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed: Hi there, I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there. I tried: Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't...
  7. Start Menu Broken Apps List entry

Start Menu Broken Apps List entry: So I recently tried to uninstall the pre-installed version of Microsoft Office from my computer, and install Office 365 from my educational institution in its place. To my knowledge I did so successfully, with a small exception. I managed to remove most of the original...
  8. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu: Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does nothing, the other launches it as normal. I tried right click uninstall on the one that does nothing but it doesn’t do...
  9. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  10. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 holographic apps