Windows 10: Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.

Discus and support Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My daughter built this machine for VR gaming. It's been unreliable. It may run 6 hours or 6 minutes before crashing to desktop, or BSOD, or hard lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A0063576, May 3, 2020.

1. A0063576 Win User

Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.

My daughter built this machine for VR gaming. It's been unreliable. It may run 6 hours or 6 minutes before crashing to desktop, or BSOD, or hard lock requiring power down. I've been working with if over a week (quarantine, right?) now trying every trick I know up to replacing the GPU with no success. MB firmware upgraded, current drivers, reseating components, OS reloaded thrice, DDU'd driver off network. I play WoW (low end I know) and as stated it can go hours or minutes but it WILL lock up or crash in some way. She plays Warframe and Borderlands (given up on VR until fixed) and they are even more sporadic. I've read literally hundreds of posts and posted a few. So far the input I've received runs the full gambit from bios, drivers, memory, gpu, cpu, power supply... I think the only thing somebody hasn't suggest is the case. When the advice is that spread out it's worthless. The rabbit hole I went the deepest into was manually setting latency parameters on the memory, was hopeful for a few hours, then crashed and reset everything. I really hope somebody can go thru these files and put a definitive finger on 1 thing wrong.

This file contains the DxDiag, System Info and Reliability History files.
    Lockups Crashes BSODs Build for Gaming but not reliable enough to play.zip - Google Drive

Here is the exact build, part for part.
    System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS XS OC, H510i ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

:)

A0063576, May 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 3, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 3, 2020
  4. Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.

1. Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable. - Similar Threads - Home Build locking

2. Please Help - BSOD Crashes with Gaming - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Help - BSOD Crashes with Gaming - Windows 10 Home: Hello!I am at my wits end and personal tech knowledge with several BSOD crashes that have happened today and a couple random ones from the recent past that are not fresh memory-wise. I really can't think of anything that I've done differently to cause these. I've noticed them...
  3. Please Help - BSOD Crashes with Gaming - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help - BSOD Crashes with Gaming - Windows 10 Home: Hello!I am at my wits end and personal tech knowledge with several BSOD crashes that have happened today and a couple random ones from the recent past that are not fresh memory-wise. I really can't think of anything that I've done differently to cause these. I've noticed them...
  4. Please Help - BSOD Crashes with Gaming - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Repeated crashes on a newly built gaming PC

Repeated crashes on a newly built gaming PC: Hi all, thanks for reading! It's a bit of a doozy because I tried a few things at the advice of some more tech savvy friends and forum posts. TL;DR my newly built Windows 10 Home Gaming/Work PC started crashing repeatedly, with a shorter and shorter period between crashes...
  6. New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD: Brand new parts, everything brand new. boots fine, stays on all night, passes several gpu benchmark tests with flying colors. just testing on FFxiv atm, plays great, randomly crashes with a common dx11 crash code, running in dx9 BSOD's my pc, and occasionally the dx11 one...
  7. BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC: I just built a custom gaming PC, and am having constant BSOD issues as well. It started the same night I installed Windows 10. It seems to not happen in safe mode, so I'm suspecting a driver issue. I'd appreciate any help you can provide! Here is the link to the system info...
  8. Unreliable BSOD errors.

Unreliable BSOD errors.: I have uninstalled the drivers that I was advised to, and re-installed the ones suggested when asking about my errors before. driver verifier makes my computer unable to boot. Onedrive - 17:29 Onedrive - 1600 Onedrive - Thur Previous Question...
  9. Unreliable BSOD errors.

Unreliable BSOD errors.: Over the past few months I've been having blue screen crashes semi-frequently, generally once a day but the time between varies. The BSOD errors are varied as well: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL because of USB XHCI driver, Realtek driver, DirectX graphics MMS and...
  10. Games crashing on Build 10041

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing on Build 10041: So far Rust crashes on load up and Heroes of the Storm crashes while loading into map. FFXIV loads fine. I'm really getting tired of all these games crashing on Windows 10. I think I might just go back to Win 8.1 til there's a new stable build. 4929