Windows 10: Home & End Button

Discus and support Home & End Button in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] How do you prevent this pop-up up/down arrow from showing in the lower right browser window. 47116 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by theok, Apr 12, 2016.

1. theok Win User

Home & End Button

Home & End Button [​IMG]

How do you prevent this pop-up up/down arrow from showing in the lower right browser window.

:)

theok, Apr 12, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Password

The next time you get to the sign-in screen, click in the password box but don't type anything.

Instead, press the End button on your keyboard. That sends your cursor to the end of the line. Now press the Home button, which sends the cursor to the beginning of the line. If the cursor moves left or right when you press Home or End, post back and tell
    us how many invisible characters there are between the beginning of the line and the end of the line.

BulldogXX, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Hathiwala Win User
    Problem with the new version of firmware for E72 and Facebook application.

Same problem with Facebook. Can't use Options button & can't exit. Have to press Home button & then stop the programme from there.

Hathiwala, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Home & End Button

That looks like something you would see for touchscreen devices. You will need to a little more specific about the browser and system or device you are using there however. You haven't provided any system specs as well as much of any details here.

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  5. derekimo Win User
    That's part of their forum software, that has nothing to do with windows.

iPad | MacRumors Forums

derekimo, Apr 12, 2016
  6. I knew it wasn't anything Windows related for sure! Never run into that on any browser and why that was asked. It certainly looked touchscreen however. That's for times when you are not able to click and drag the slider tab found on the right on most sites universal for desktops, laptops while the arrows for IPad as indicated there as well as IPhone, tablet and other hand held smart devices.

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  7. derekimo Win User
    The slider is still there, it's just to take you to the top or bottom of the page without using the slider.

Home & End Button [​IMG]

derekimo, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Home & End Button

I saw that as well but the arrows are intended mainly for the touchscreen type devices as a rule. You simply tap one arrow or the other to move up or down rather then the click and drag or hold the cursor over the other up and down arrows at the bottom and top of the slider itself.

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  9. derekimo Win User
    Whatever, I'm not trying to argue. I answered the OP.

derekimo, Apr 12, 2016
  10. Who is arguing? Eventually you may start seeing other sites start adding Tap type arrows like those as well since the trend is for the smaller hand held devices which also include the Surface Tablets, Windows Phone. other smart phones, etc. As you can see with 10 being a dual platform OS finally being worked out that is MS is still leaning towards mobile even with the desktop OS.

The site was mainly set up for touchscreen devices the Fruit company sells as the purpose for seeing them there. They likely have a few apps out as well. Just browsing for a possible quick glance for a replacement cell phone even at a local Walmart now only sees shelves stocked with touchscreen phones with the exception of only basic non texting type flip phone model. But for more on this subject as far as seeing web sites made touchscreen friendly. http://webdesign.about.com/od/mobile...ch-screens.htm

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  11. theok Win User
    My Bad *Redface Seems it's a feature of that website. I Was worried my desktop was being transformed into a tablet, again. Guess I still have remnants of the psychological impact of windows 8.*Biggrin

I will have to ignore I guess for the sake of exercising my pinky and use the home and end keys.

theok, Apr 12, 2016
  12. Since this is rather new it might tend to throw people off at times since that site is mainly a hand held devices type forum being seen there and for convenience of those running touchscreen only devices they saw the tap arrows added. That simplifies swipe movement up and down on the pages there. At least now you know it wasn't anything being changed at your end! *Smile

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Home & End Button

1. Home & End Button - Similar Threads - Home End Button

2. Focus assis End session button is not functional.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assis End session button is not functional.: HelloI can't turn off focus assist at allwhen I click on end session, there is nothing happens even if I go to settings and turn it off.I tried all the tutorials on the internet and nothing changes.I tried disabling quiet hours in the policy group , scf scannow , disabled...
  3. Accidentally ended home screen task

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally ended home screen task: I accidentally ended task, I don’t know how it’s named, but it’s about homescreen and task bar. Now when I minimize all windows, it’s all black with just one small white rectangle in the lower left corner. I have Windows 10. How is the task named, so that I can search in in...
  4. Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons: I am a keyboard enthusiast, and that has made me really picky. I just bought a notebook Dell xps 13 and all my previous laptops had the Fn+Left arrow set to be "Home" and Fn+Right arrow to be "End" and I am very used to it. Is there any way to make this computer do the same...
  5. On-Screen Keyboard: Home and End Buttons- Where Are They? Can I Use it in not-Tablet Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On-Screen Keyboard: Home and End Buttons- Where Are They? Can I Use it in not-Tablet Mode?: Hey everybody, I was wondering if there is a way to maybe customize the on-screen keyboard to include the keys you prefer; I personally appreciate the Home and End keys greatly on the hardware keyboard. Also, is there a way to make the touch keyboard come up in non-Tablet...
  6. Home button is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home button is not working: So the home button on my keyboard doesn't work. It's clean and it registers on a keyboard tester online. However, it doesn't bring to the beginning of the line for some reason. Oddly enough ctrl and alt home works, but not home itself. The onscreen home doesn't work either....
  7. Remap Home button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remap Home button: Hello, I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys. I want to use the Home button for starting a new window of Firefox (Ctrl+N). Default page for Firefox is google.com. If I press the Home button while the...
  8. home button

in Browsers and Email
    home button: I have set yahoo as my home page, when I open edge that is what opens, if I go to another site and then hit the home button msn opens, I check in settings and yahoo is still my home page, I close edge and reopen and yahoo is there, why is it doing this and how do I stop msn...
  9. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528
  10. home button on bezal.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    home button on bezal.: The home button on bezel dose not work, have I accidentally turned it off ? I am in tablet mode and its a surface 3 . The button does vibrate. Found solution, the Setting is in the surface app , 51615