Windows 10: Home folder named Folders is this a bug?

Discus and support Home folder named Folders is this a bug? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro v1803 and I just noticed that the user files icon on the desktop reads "Folders" instead of "Sotiris"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by spapakons, Dec 6, 2018.

1. spapakons Win User

Home folder named Folders is this a bug?

Hello!

I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro v1803 and I just noticed that the user files icon on the desktop reads "Folders" instead of "Sotiris" which is my user name. This is also what I see as a shortcut in Classic Start Menu instead of "Sotiris" it reads "Folders. If I press Shift+Win to see the original Windows 10 start menu it reads "Sotiris" if I hover the mouse over the user icon. Is this some bug I should worry about? I tried to logoff and logon but didn't change anything (I haven't tried to restart yet). I saw that my files are accessible either from the "Folders" icon or by manually navigating to C:\users\sotiris so at least I have no severe damage, thanks God. But I would like to fix it. I hope it will fix by restarting the computer. Otherwise please tell me if you have any other suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

:)

spapakons, Dec 6, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Home folder named Folders is this a bug? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Home folder named Folders is this a bug? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Dec 6, 2018
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Home folder named Folders is this a bug? - Similar Threads - Home folder named

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. Home Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder: Home folder only showing content for quick access when opened in an app. Shows empty when opened in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-folder/c06e8e57-9329-4ffa-9bd1-8e9eec30a05d
  5. Home Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Folder: Home folder only showing content for quick access when opened in an app. Shows empty when opened in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-folder/c06e8e57-9329-4ffa-9bd1-8e9eec30a05d
  6. bug with thumbnail of folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bug with thumbnail of folders: [ATTACH] for some reason if i put a notepad file into a folder and close the folder the thumbnail of the folder looks slightly corrupted. not sure why but its been like this for a day or 2 and its kind of annoying. already tried clearing out temporary files (thumbnails...
  7. Leftover, Bugged Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover, Bugged Folders: I renamed my user folder including the required changes in Computer Management and Registry Editor. It glitched my iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos folders in the file explorer main menu and caused other problems, so I reverted back. Still, there are these two blank folders....
  8. Minor bug[Permanently deleting a searched folder does not remove the name of that folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor bug[Permanently deleting a searched folder does not remove the name of that folder...: Category: Minor Details: When permanently deleting a file from a folder, the name of that deleted file vanishes at once. However, if a file name is searched from the search bar and after it is found, deleting it permanently does not remove the name of that file until the...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Start folder name in Windows 10 Home: Many times I hear about the "start folder". But when I looked for it in my new computer I cannot find it. Does it have a different name? 50464