Windows 10: Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update!

Discus and support Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone experienced this? While I am downloading the Windows 10 2004 update on one of my laptops, I am unable to browse the internet on any device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/litetaker, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update!

Has anyone experienced this? While I am downloading the Windows 10 2004 update on one of my laptops, I am unable to browse the internet on any device, including the same one or other laptops or phones. The moment I disconnect the laptop that is downloading the update from my network all other devices resume internet connectivity. The moment I reconnect my laptop and it resumes downloading the update, all other devices again fail to connect to internet!

WTF! How is Microsoft update totally saturating my network? I will test with another laptop to see if it is a specific laptop issue.

submitted by /u/litetaker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/litetaker, Jul 31, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Force Restart While Updating win 10 2004 Update.

Hi,

When i tried to update win 10 from 1909 to 2004 while getting ready, when it gates on 87%...98% my PC Just gates Shutdown and then restarts and again there is option to download win 10 V 2004.

I tried to update manually but when the update was downloaded the issue of force restart was there.

Help me with it.

Thank you.

Kunal Chavan, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update!

Updater freezes while downloading

Hi,

There are a lot of
    reasons why your Windows Update freezes. However, one common issue that causes this is
    having a corrupted system file. We suggest that you run the
    Update troubleshooter
    to fix it automatically. To run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow
    these steps:

• On the
      search bar, type Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      System and Security.

• Under
      Windows, click on
      Windows Update
      to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow these methods in fixing Windows Update:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

DISM
    tool
    will check the system's health and will try restoring the missing and corrupted files. To
    run the DISM
    tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a
    while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 3:

After doing
    Method 1
    and
    Method 2
    but the issue still persist, you can
    manually reset the Windows Update Components and Run Windows Update process again.

Resetting
    Windows Update Components
    will fix those corrupted Components and will help the Update installation quickly. To reset
    Windows Update Components, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following commands:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
        your computer and try to
        install Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update!

1. Home Internet completely freezes while downloading Win 10 2004 update! - Similar Threads - Home Internet completely

2. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing: Today I started experiencing this issue, after 2-5 minutes of booting the computer it will completely freeze and afterwards restart, however it will not send any input to the monitor, sometimes it will just completely freeze and stay like that until I do a hard restart. I...
  3. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing: Today I started experiencing this issue, after 2-5 minutes of booting the computer it will completely freeze and afterwards restart, however it will not send any input to the monitor, sometimes it will just completely freeze and stay like that until I do a hard restart. I...
  4. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgarde Win 10 Home - 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgarde Win 10 Home - 2004: I have a Linux based NAS attached to my home network, on my laptop I have Win 10 Home. This Linux NAS has always been accessible from my laptop. Recently I applied the upgrade of Win 10 to version 2004 to my laptop. After the upgrade everything seemed to be ok but I...
  6. win 10 / update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 / update 2004: Hello --- When win10 / 2004 was made available most of my computers had the "block" in windows update that it was not ready for my device --- 2 so far have lifted the block and I update one and it worked ok --- I am waiting on the other since my experience so far it...
  7. Win 10 update 2004

Win 10 update 2004: How long does it takes to download and install this update. It has been running for four straight hrs. just to get to 94% and my desktop is not a slouch. Pls & thk-u GP...
  8. win 10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 update 2004: my toredo show state Type is disabled,and state is offline. before update this was also a problem but could be resolved by using command netsh interface toredo set state type=enterpriseclient this no longer works. games like forza 4 no longer connect to multiplayer because...
  9. Force Restart While Updating win 10 2004 Update.

Force Restart While Updating win 10 2004 Update.: Hi, When i tried to update win 10 from 1909 to 2004 while getting ready, when it gates on 87%...98% my PC Just gates Shutdown and then restarts and again there is option to download win 10 V 2004. I tried to update manually but when the update was downloaded the issue of...
  10. Is 2004 Update available for Win 10 Home SL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 2004 Update available for Win 10 Home SL: I keep on checking for updates but i didnt get any 2004 update. I know that its recent but still. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsotl2/is_2004_update_available_for_win_10_home_sl/