Windows 10: Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

Discus and support Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TearsOfLA, Mar 8, 2019.

1. TearsOfLA Win User

Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started at the same time about 6 months ago. Ive updated drivers and firmware on both of these, as well as opened them up and cleaned the affected parts. I know its not a keylogger or some sort of malware as it is only the home key and only scrolling up, it happens are random times, and just stops on its own. I have not tried with another set of peripherals because i dont own any others. The scrolling happens more ofter than the home key issue (that one hasnt happened in months, but it just started back up again, so thats why im making this) The can happen independently, so i dont think they are connected. Any suggestions?

***Modified title from: Mouse constantly scrolling up and keyboard hitting home***

:)

TearsOfLA, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

Mouse gets stuck and freezes after pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi Eminem,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these methods and check.

Run Hardware Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Click hardware and sound and run the hardware and device troubleshooter.
    I also recommend you to reinstall the drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.

• Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I suggest you to disable the mouse driver and then enable it again.

1) Press Windows + X and select
    device manager.

2) Click on Mice and other pointing devices.

3) Right click on driver and choose Disable.

4) Next restart and enable it again.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

1. Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically - Similar Threads - Home key getting

2. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  3. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  4. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key

Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key: I have to type this with the on screen keyboard BUT every time I press one key on my actual keyboard it types multiple dexaqm;plode 52kisw 52frkight 52nlosw 5KI 52aqm 52tyloking 52thkisw 52swkith 52my 52aqctjuaqlo 5kideybloaqfrs*8de - example I use a laptop...
  6. Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sarangan19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixgm01/enter_key_is_automatically_getting_pressed_this/
  7. Windows logo key getting pressed automatically

Windows logo key getting pressed automatically: I am having problem with my new laptop. The windows logo key appears to be stuck. I opened the on screen keyboard and the windows logo key key seems to be getting pressed automatically. Can anyone help me with this problem?...
  8. The home key presses automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/
  9. 'End' key getting pressed automatically and continuously in short intervals

'End' key getting pressed automatically and continuously in short intervals: Since I have last updated Windows, I am facing a problem which is `End` key getting pressed continuously on it's own. I tried to troubleshoot it by uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting my computer so that Windows installs it again, but it did not work. Then, I...
  10. Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically): Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-is-getting-pressed-automatically-not/35ceec6c-17e3-476a-9fd3-2801d99e1ebd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run is being scrolled automatically