Windows 10: Home LAN Connection

Discus and support Home LAN Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SandyChap1, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Home LAN Connection

I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the network name reverts to "NETWORK 3" and connection is lost again. This PC is connected to our CenturyLink modem via a NetGear WN3000 WiFi Range Extender and is the only device in the home experiencing this issue. Two other wireless enabled devices are unaffected.

The affected PC runs Windows 10 and the Windows firewall is in standard configuration. We also have the McAfee Security Scan Plus installed.

Is this something we have caused? And how do I make it stop?

:)

SandyChap1, Mar 19, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 19, 2019
  3. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Home LAN Connection

LAN connection

Keep getting ERRor 651 when trying to connect LAN. New cables connections good. Any suggestions.

PeterStevensXO, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Home LAN Connection

1. Home LAN Connection - Similar Threads - Home LAN Connection

2. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  3. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  4. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  6. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  7. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  8. Home LAN Issues - Newbie

Home LAN Issues - Newbie: I'm a severe newbie at networking, so apologies in advance. At my house we have a single modem/router to which we all (three computers, TV, printer) connect to access the internet. I understand that this means we are all on the same LAN. However, if I try to ping the IP4...
  9. Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi): Settings and versions: Latest version of windows 10 on both computers. "Network discovery" and "file and printer sharing" turned on in both the PC and Laptop "Share printer" turned on in the USB-connected printer settings My specific setup: Internet cable from...
  10. Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi)

Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi): Settings and versions: Latest version of windows 10 on both computers. "Network discovery" and "file and printer sharing" turned on in both the PC and Laptop "Share printer" turned on in the USB-connected printer settings My specific setup: Internet cable from...