Windows 10: Home LAN Issues - Newbie

Discus and support Home LAN Issues - Newbie in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm a severe newbie at networking, so apologies in advance. At my house we have a single modem/router to which we all (three computers, TV, printer)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Budfudder, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Budfudder Win User

Home LAN Issues - Newbie

I'm a severe newbie at networking, so apologies in advance. At my house we have a single modem/router to which we all (three computers, TV, printer) connect to access the internet. I understand that this means we are all on the same LAN. However, if I try to ping the IP4 address of any of the other computers, it fails. Shouldn't I be able to do that?

The root of this question is that my child wants to play some games with me on our LAN - I'm trying to get it working, but if I start a game and publish it to the LAN, they never see it.

Any help gratefully received and again, sorry, I'm a newbie.

:)

Budfudder, Jul 21, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jul 21, 2019
  3. jonkb Win User
    Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown Home LAN Issues - Newbie :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Jul 21, 2019
  4. YVE
    yve Win User

Home LAN Issues - Newbie

Wireless network issue

Thanks for your reply. But I'd be most grateful if you can list out more detailed steps*Shock actually I'm a totally newbie.

Thema:

Home LAN Issues - Newbie

1. Home LAN Issues - Newbie - Similar Threads - Home LAN Issues

2. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Newbie

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie: Hi Guys and Girls my name is Kerrigan ( for short) I have never posted here yet but I do drop in from time to time. I run a windows 10 machine with reasonably high specs. I live in a beautiful part of Western Australia called Mandurah which is about an hours drive from our...
  6. Network LAN issue

Network LAN issue: I am facing issue with my network connectivity in wired ethernet Onboard LAN in Windows 10 OS. While checking event viewer of the system I find below error message : "'The browser has forced an election on network\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{Instrument_LAN} because a master browser...
  7. [help] Network issues for a newbie??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Network issues for a newbie??: I don't know if this is the place to ask but the Windows support forums are so complicated I thought I'd give it a shot. I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire E15 laptop and i know next to nothing about computers or how to fix them. Recently if I bump my charger cable or move...
  8. newbie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newbie: I have a laptop with genuine Windows default his laptop then I bring my laptop to the computer worker after the Windows OS check is changed to not original, how do I restore the windows to the original version? Because recovery is deleted thank you...
  9. LAN port issue

LAN port issue: My laptop is only one year old. When i connect LAN cable to LAN port or even i touch the LAN port my laptop screen goes black and it goes to sleep. Why is it happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-port-issue/eabab720-a376-4937-a8aa-cc7c3d2b113f
  10. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...