Windows 10: Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?

Discus and support Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I have my computer locate me it tells me that I am in California I am in Ga.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristineRewis, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?

When I have my computer locate me it tells me that I am in California I am in Ga.

:)

ChristineRewis, Jan 14, 2019

2. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?

1. Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it? - Similar Threads - Home location Region

2. Microsoft Store - Incorrect Region

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - Incorrect Region: Hi!I have a problem with my Microsoft store, currently it displays USD instead of AED. Both my Windows region is set in the United Arab Emirates, as well as my Microsoft Account which was created in the United Arab Emirates.What is the problem then? My Microsoft store still...
  3. Microsoft Store - Incorrect Region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Incorrect Region: Hi!I have a problem with my Microsoft store, currently it displays USD instead of AED. Both my Windows region is set in the United Arab Emirates, as well as my Microsoft Account which was created in the United Arab Emirates.What is the problem then? My Microsoft store still...
  4. Microsoft Store - Incorrect Region

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you, change this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you, change this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This concerns, the little round circle.Above the name, on the lock screen.What, is the path? To change, that picture. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. How do you, change this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you, change this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This concerns, the little round circle.Above the name, on the lock screen.What, is the path? To change, that picture. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  7. Change my location on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change my location on my computer.: I have tried the these steps: Start,Setting,Privacy,Location,Default location select set defaultthese last two steps,I could not find I never was able to see a map,to follow instructions to change my default location. These steps did not work for me. Can someone...
  8. Incorrect Location

Incorrect Location: Built my computer a couple months ago, have not been able to change to the correct time zone for more than a day. I’ve changed the time zone to the correct one and it just defaults back to the incorrect one. Ive changed the CMOS battery, enabled Windows Time service, and...
  9. how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...

how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...: how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-my-computer-location-win-10/4536acae-f1ca-4811-9e62-06e522e82b86
  10. Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10: How to: Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10 How to Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10 The country or region home location in Windows, referred to as geographic location (GeoID), indicates the country or region that you are in. Some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect computer location windows10