Windows 10: Home movie sound

Discus and support Home movie sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10, my saved iphone movies audio drags behind the movie. So slow the sound is not discernible. The files open with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephBrown_1899, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Home movie sound

Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10, my saved iphone movies audio drags behind the movie. So slow the sound is not discernible. The files open with MOV. Opening in media player doe not help. That's what I used to open them with in 7. What must I do to sink the audio to the video in 10?

:)

JosephBrown_1899, Apr 26, 2020

2. No surround sound on purchased movies

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the computer ?

• What is the make and model of the sound card?

• Does the issue occur with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to check the quality of videos downloaded from the app, if the issue occurs only with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app. If the issue doesn't occur in other videos saved on the computer and persists even after download
    the HD movies from the app then I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check.

To do so, please follow the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

If the issue occurring with both the movies from the app and the videos saved on the computer then I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • 2. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • 3. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • 4. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your
      speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a
      tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • 5. Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on
      OK
    Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

If issue persists,

Method 3

Update the Sound card driver and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Sound card drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

b. Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.

c. Right click on the soundcard driver and select
    update driver software

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 26, 2020
  3. No sound on Windows 10 Movie Maker

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are facing the sound issue only in Movie Maker. If yes, then I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key, type Control Panel
      and select the same from the list.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    • Locate Windows Live Essential then click
      Uninstall/Change.
    • When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    • Restart your computer after the repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Home movie sound

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Home movie sound :p

cadaveca, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Home movie sound

1. Home movie sound - Similar Threads - Home movie sound

2. movies in onedrive do not have sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    movies in onedrive do not have sound: I recently transferred my photos and movies small clips of grandkids from one hp computer desktop to another hp computer desktop through onedrive. The movies have video have but not sound. If I go to onedrive on my iphone the movies have sound but when I try to play them on...
  3. 5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable: Hey guys! So, my system is connected like this: PC -> (hdmi from NVIDIA 1660super) -> LG tv -> (HDMI) -> LG home theater If I'm playing Netflix or downloaded movies or sound samples (and even the trailers in the Dolby Access app), I DO get 5.1 sound (both dolby and dts;...
  4. Movies app decreases the sound when it's in focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies app decreases the sound when it's in focus?: And when unfocused or minimized it's increased again. Is this a bug or feature? If so can it be disabled? submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5pelc/movies_app_decreases_the_sound_when_its_in_focus/
  5. Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface: I want to download some free movies to watch on my tablet when I fly abroad next month. But they download and wont play with sound. But they do on my pc. My tablet is an MS Surface in Win 10 but something is obviously missing? Any ideas my friends??? 148004
  6. Edit home movie dvd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit home movie dvd in windows 10: Anyone know how to download a home movie dvd in windows 10 and edit the audio music before burning a disc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-home-movie-dvd-in-windows-10/02f28549-656e-4043-b913-fd6d30e55795"
  7. sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound): new laptop here, first thing was installing firefox, and there is no sound (while microsoft edge can play sounds). than installed chrome, no sound, gom player, no sound, winamp, can't even play the file. movies and tv app can play video with sound. on firefox, if you play a...
  8. Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.

Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.: Hi everyone! I have a movie that is in .mkv format and has two sources of sound. One is with Polish lector and the other one with original, English sound. By default the Polish version of the sound is played, so when I wanted to switch it to the original one, I could not do...
  9. TV & Movies only: No sound

TV & Movies only: No sound: Hello, This is specific to the Movies and TV app only. My drivers are all updated, all my apps are working fine, including my media servers, my media players (VLC, Media Player, etc.), my video games, my sound card beeping when I'm adjusting the volume, etc. I recently...
  10. How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?: How does everyone efficiently deal with the mass of home movies and pictures? I'm not talking about facespace etc., I mean local backup. I currently back everything up to an external hard drive (that is cloned) by year then month. Each month folder contains a folder for...