Windows 10: Home Network and shared printer access problems

Discus and support Home Network and shared printer access problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustB1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JustB1 Win User

Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hello,

Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated at default printer) (Win 7 @ MP240 Cannon and designated as the default printer). Icons of both, show up on both the machines. The win 10 machine will print to the MP240 printer ok (as well as print properly on the win 7 machine) The Ip4700 prints ok on the Win 10 machine, but will not print from the Win 7 machine. It use to for a short while, but not now. I've clicked my brains out on both machines trying to get it to work, changes all kinds of stuff, but no luck so far. Don't even remember what was changed and to what it was changed to. I used to be able to at least see the existence of the win 10 machine on "network" diagrams for the sin 7, but now that has disappeared. I know little or nothing about the setups, how to-s, terminology more of a "turn it on it works or turn it on and it doesn't work for some unknown reason. Help?

brian

:)

JustB1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. trt740 Win User

Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

will try this

trt740, Sep 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

Sorry , I think, I read wrong.*Slap :slap: Are you tring to connect wirelessly to the printer on the desktop and the printer is connected to the desktop thru usb or something?

Quoted from MS website:
    Sharing a printer

If you have a printer attached to one of your computers, you can print to it from any computer connected to your wireless network. To share a printer, follow these steps:

1. Log on to computer that has the printer attached to it.

2. Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click the arrow button next to Printer sharing, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.

4. Click the arrow button next to Password protected sharing, click Turn off password protected sharing, and then click Apply.

Note

If you have password-protected sharing turned on, people will need a user account with a password on your computer to access your printer.

To access the printer from any computer on the network, follow these steps:

1. Open Network by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Network.

2. Double-click the icon for the computer that has the printer attached to it.

3. Double-click the icon for the printer. Windows will automatically add the printer to your computer and install the printer driver.

Troubleshoot network printer problems

Sorry again and goodluck*Smile Home Network and shared printer access problems :)

95Viper, Sep 12, 2019
  4. RWOne Win User

Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Start with basics, on your system re-share it out to everyone, no password, etc.

On an aside, printer sharing is not modern networking (by a longshot).

if you had a network capable printer, you install the SW on both machines, and both have access, no need for the computer it is attached to to be on for the other to have access, and less headaches than sharing.

Review and follow these steps:

How To Share A USB Printer Over Your Network In Windows 10

RWOne, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Home Network and shared printer access problems - Similar Threads - Home Network shared

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  8. cannot share printer on home network

cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  9. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cannot share a printer on a home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot share a printer on a home network: Hi I have a home network consisting of Windows 10 PCs and one Windows XP Pro PC. I used to be able to access the printer from my other PCs not the XP one though. Because of the XP PC I have all the PCs in a workgroup. The printer is attached to what I refer to as a print...