Windows 10: Home Network - Cannot See Drives

Discus and support Home Network - Cannot See Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 MyCloud Mirror devices attached to my home network. When I open "Network" - I see 2 x Media Devices and 2 x Storage Devices but no drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bore07tm, May 15, 2019.

1. Bore07tm Win User

Home Network - Cannot See Drives

I have 2 MyCloud Mirror devices attached to my home network.

When I open "Network" - I see 2 x Media Devices and 2 x Storage Devices but no drives.

Previously I had seen all drives - I can still see some drives on "Quick Access"", but are missing drives such as "Smartware" and Recycle bins.

How do I get visibity of these other drives?

:)

Bore07tm, May 15, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, May 15, 2019
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Home Network - Cannot See Drives :)

FLY3R, May 15, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Home Network - Cannot See Drives - Similar Threads - Home Network Cannot

2. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  3. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  4. Cannot see other pc on home network

Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  5. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  6. Cannot See Computer on Home Network

Cannot See Computer on Home Network: I have 2 desk top computers on a Home Network: Al and Mary Lou. Mary Lou can see Al (see attachment 1), but Al cannot see Mary Lou (see attachment 2) - it can see Mary Lou's media device, but not the computer. Mary Lou's folders are set to Share with "All." (see attachment...
  7. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  8. windows application cannot see network drive

windows application cannot see network drive: I have a fairly new computer with windows 10. I have a network drive ( "P" drive ) which is on another computer. I can see and access the "P" drive from the file explorer. However I have an application which does not see any of the network drives. This application is quite...
  9. Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer

Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer: I have a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10. I have two DLink NAS drives and in my old PC when I looked in Windows Explorer/Network I could see them and map them to a drive. Now when I look in Network in Windows Explorer I can only see printers and routers but no NAS units....
  10. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...