Windows 10: Home network computer visability listing.

Discus and support Home network computer visability listing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marvll, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Marvll Win User

Home network computer visability listing.

Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set to a home network on both computers. They are both connected to the network on the same WIFI connection. I've followed previous instructions on what services to set and there is no change at all. Both see themselves when I look at Network in the file explorer application. Both are running Windows 10 PRO 64.

:)

Marvll, Nov 2, 2020

2. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Skofab Win User
    Computer not listed on 'network'

Hi Everyone
    I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
    I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

Skofab, Nov 2, 2020
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Home network computer visability listing. - Similar Threads - Home network computer

2. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  3. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  4. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  5. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  6. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  7. PC not visable on Network

PC not visable on Network: There is no 'Home Network' now on w Windows 10 and I have difficulty in viewing my Desktop Dell Optiplex on my Lap Top Lenovo V110 both running Windows Ten. Both OSs are OEM. I do get some success by setting the Function Discovery Provider to Automatic Delayed Start and or...
  8. Networked Server Not Visable

Networked Server Not Visable: Hi, We have a fairly crude network in place at work with a main server and 8 desktops which all have their own hard drives but also access a separate space on the main servers hard drive called the "S" drive. This is the space where group files are stores and backups of...
  9. Home network has disappeared from network list

Home network has disappeared from network list: I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my...
  10. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...