Windows 10: Home network credentials

Discus and support Home network credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a simple home network and among other devices, phone, Kindle Fire tablet, TV, Blue Ray Player, I have my desktop computer, and my notebook. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lazarericus, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Home network credentials

I have a simple home network and among other devices, phone, Kindle Fire tablet, TV, Blue Ray Player, I have my desktop computer, and my notebook. I often want to transfer documents or folders between these two computers. I open the network window click on the device and I am asked to enter the Network credentials. I take these to be my Microsoft account user id and password. I do log in to my Microsoft account whenever I start these two computers. I have only one account, so they both log in to the same account.

I am consistently able to log in to my notebook from my desktop with my Microsoft account id and password, but not from my notebook into my desktop. I am able to see my desktop computer as a device in the network window on my notebook, but it won't accept my "Network Credentials". "The user name or password is incorrect".

How can I get past this?

Thanks,

Eric

:)

lazarericus, Oct 20, 2018

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Home network credentials

Network Credentials - Windows 10

Hi Ford,

On this thread, one of the mentioned reasons why you encounter the networking error is due to an incorrect setup on the credentials. To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• How many devices are affected?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting to a network? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Home network credentials

1. Home network credentials - Similar Threads - Home network credentials

2. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  3. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  4. credentials problem accessing computer on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    credentials problem accessing computer on home network: Simple version: When I attempt to access computer name Tosh-64 from any other computer on the network, I WAS getting challenged for a user name and p/w. I kept getting 'wrong uname or p/w. Made a big mistake and tried MS account credentials. It's a local account and of course...
  5. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  6. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  7. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  8. Network credentials

Network credentials: How exactly do you create a network credential that works ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/4c78a2f6-83fa-445e-8410-cf36d7c70540"
  9. Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password

Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password: As of this week I have two desktop computers on my home network, one a 10-year-old Windows 7 with a 2-year-old SSD HD, the other a new Windows 10 model. Every time I attempt to save or open anything cross network from one computer to the other, or access the other computer's...
  10. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e