Windows 10: Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.

Discus and support Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BondShands, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.

Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.

My desktop is a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on local LAN connected via Broadband Internet Access. The computer has been formatted into two drives.

My laptop is also a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on local LAN connected via Wireless Internet Access. The laptop has been formatted into two drives.

I run separate copies of Acronis True Image backup on both systems and they continuously sync selected files without difficulty. In the past it has been possible for me to exchange files between the computers via the Network folders. After a Windows update that no longer became possible, however, I have no basis for assuming the update is the fault.

The File Explorer listing for Network shows both computers listed. All attempts to access the other computer listed under Network fails. "Windows cannot access \\Inspiron-5570" is a typical response seen following hours of connection attempts. The following is another example of a response:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (INSPIRON-5570)
    Detected
    It is available but is not responding to connection attempts. A firewall or network security policy on the remote computer might be blocking the connection on port "file and print sharing resource".

I've completely disabled virus, firewall and other security applications, but the effort failed to resolve the problem.

I've read and followed every suggestion I've found on the Internet in my attempts to resolve the problem. None of the suggestions I've found has provided the solution I need.

If the Acronis True Image software is able to SYNC information between the two computers, why am I not able to exchange information via the Network?

:)

BondShands, Sep 9, 2018

2. Network connection problem

My homegroup is no longer able to access my desktop computer. It is connected to my router with an Ethernet connector. My laptop is connected through the wifi. My network also has an expander which my laptop can see and in the list of network devices
    interprets as a computer. In my list of network devices, my laptop and my desktop appear as media devices on both my desktop list and my laptop list. My laptop list lists the laptop and the extender as computers. My desktop list lists only the laptop.
    From my desktop I can access my laptop files. I have run the network diagnostics and no problem was detected. I have disconnected the computer from the router and reconnected it. I have turned off my Norton firewall and that had no effect. I can connect
    to the internet with no problem and can receive email with no problem.

It seems that my problem is getting my Network to recognize my desktop computer as a computer.

Bill Kirchhoff, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 9, 2018
  4. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect. - Similar Threads - Home Network Desktop

2. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  3. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network: Hello, I have a laptop that is about 3 years old, pretty infrequently used. It worked fine when I first got it and now it cannot connect to my Spectrum router no matter what I try. All of my other devices are working fine, the laptop can connect to my phone via a hotspot with...
  6. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network: Hello, I have a laptop that is about 3 years old, pretty infrequently used. It worked fine when I first got it and now it cannot connect to my Spectrum router no matter what I try. All of my other devices are working fine, the laptop can connect to my phone via a hotspot with...
  7. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

8. At Home connection of a LapTop and a Desktop

At Home connection of a LapTop and a Desktop: I have a Desktop PC and a laptop .... I wish to make all files on each unit accessible by each other ... how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-home-connection-of-a-laptop-and-a-desktop/eeff796e-5b40-4988-b2b9-c7b2f1c13ab5
  9. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  10. Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network

Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network: We have 2 desktops and one laptop all running windows 10. I had to do a Windows reset on the laptop a few days ago after installing Malawarebytes 3 trial version. Since then, I haven’t been able to connect the laptop to either of the PC’s, or the PC’s to the laptop. The PC’s...