Windows 10: home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates

Discus and support home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would really like to know how and why after windows 10 does an update on either my desktop or laptop I can no longer sharing files between the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DominickGiarraputo, Aug 26, 2020.

1. home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates

I would really like to know how and why after windows 10 does an update on either my desktop or laptop I can no longer sharing files between the 2 computers. In fact they no longer acknowledge the the other computer is even on my network. And when this does happen it's a real challenge to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. Is there a way to stop these updates from messing with my sharing settings???? I never had this problem with the old home network system. It worked great for me but you guy's took that away and it's been a nightmare ever since.

Please help.

Thanks

:)

DominickGiarraputo, Aug 26, 2020

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 26, 2020
  3. WD TV No longer connects to shared folders on Windows 10

Ron-

A quick update on file sharing / local network for Windows 10 v1803 (^ perhaps later Insider builds?):

See this article: Network Computers No Longer Present in File Explorer on Windows 10 1803

I followed those easy steps to change the two listed network discovery Services to "Automatic" (were set to "Manual" in v1803) and rebooted. Now file sharing between W10 & W7 works perfectly !!

You might want to try it to see if it fixes your Win10/WDTV issue. Best of luck

BruceMaytum, Aug 26, 2020
  4. home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates

Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates

1. home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - home network file

2. Home network file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  3. Home network file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  4. Home Network File Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network File Sharing: Good day everyone,I have a small 2 computer home P2P network defined. Hardware is 1 Dell XPS 8700, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Wi-Fi & Ethernet, running Win10 Pro V 21H1. 2nd Computer is a Dell Inspiron-15-3567, 16GB, 256GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Wi-Fi & Ethernet, running Win 10...
  5. File share no longer works

File share no longer works: I have a main computer system in my house for all of my photographs. Over 500gb of them! So to access them on my other windows systems I have been using a file share. I have managed to get the file share to continue to work on my other systems except one. I am running out...
  6. Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10

Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10: I have a a TP-Link router that I have a hard drive (HHD) connected. Within my home network, my Smart TVs, Android Tablets, and Windows 8 Laptops can see the HHD no problem. My Windows 10 machine is not able to see it. The Win 10 machine file explorer: - Under Computer it...
  7. Windows 10 home network / file sharing

Windows 10 home network / file sharing: This is an extension of a thread of the same name in Feb 2019. I've been away for the last 2 weeks and now find I cannot reply on the earlier thread. So I'll start again with an expanded version of the problem. I have 3 Windows 10 computers connected over a wifi...
  8. Sharing files on home network

Sharing files on home network: I have 3 computers on my home wireless network all running windows 10. I have done the steps to give access to Everyone but I cannot see the other computers on the network at all - or the folders I have shared. What am I missing?...
  9. Sharing files in home network

Sharing files in home network: The two computers in my home network run on Windows 10. Computer 1 has a printer attached to it. Since upgrade 1803 I cannot share files nor can I use the printer from computer 2. I have followed the instructions to install the home network that I have found on the internet...
  10. Home Network File Sharing

Home Network File Sharing: Hello, I have recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop. I know that there is no longer a "homegroup" setting for file sharing. I have set up network discovery and I can access my files on my desktop from my laptop - which is what I want....